PDA

View Full Version : A friend needs your prayers

Blackwater
12-27-2016, 12:20 AM
A friend of mine up in N. Ga. just lost his son yesterday to a heroin overdose. He's a true believer, but his son got caught up in some of the temptations modern life offers. This was his only son, so it's the end of his bloodline. Please, pray for Rick and Lisa. They're very much in need of your prayers. Rick lost his wife, to whom he was as devoted as a man can be, not long ago. He came home, supper was in the oven, and she'd just laid down on the couch and was gone. She had some health problems. He did CPR on her until the EMS got there, but nothing could bring her back. It was as devastating to him as a bullet to the heart. But he got over it. He's a man of great passions, and much love. Thank you for any prayers you can lend to him. He's worthy of all prayers we can give him. Thanks.

castalott
12-27-2016, 01:30 AM
Sincere Prayers for Love, Mercy, Hope, Faith, Redemption, and Understanding.... Dear Lord.... Mercy for a Good Man.... Redemption for those he loves.... Faith to overcome this pain... Amen

edler7
12-27-2016, 01:54 AM
Prayers for strength, understanding and acceptance for Rick and Lisa.

shoot-n-lead
12-27-2016, 03:33 AM
Tragic...

Prayer sent.

richhodg66
12-27-2016, 03:47 AM
I can't imagine how painful it must be to lose a child. Prayers sent.

1989toddm
12-27-2016, 07:56 AM
Praying. To echo the Rich, I can't imagine the grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pine Baron
12-27-2016, 09:33 AM
Oh Blackwater, what a tragedy. My sincere prayers for Rich and Lisa. My heart is broken.

USMC87
12-27-2016, 10:49 AM
Father we come bringing this most devastating news before You, We ask that You will give comfort and peace that will pull Rick and his family through this loss. Father we ask that You will strengthen this family as only You can, In Jesus name Amen.

Boaz
12-27-2016, 10:56 AM
Prayer will be given . Thanks for posting Blackwater.

OilyPablo
12-27-2016, 11:12 AM
Will say a special prayer.

308Jeff
12-27-2016, 11:15 AM
Prayers sent. I've lost a few people from this.

jcren
12-27-2016, 11:25 AM
Prayers sent

Sur-shot
12-27-2016, 11:29 AM
I truly wish the users understood how devastating their addiction is to others that love them. Prayers and hope for Rick and Lisa, may you find comfort and an easing of the grief in the new year.
Ed

buckwheatpaul
12-27-2016, 07:50 PM
Father, Rick is facing yet another tragedy in his life. Losing his son! Father please give Rick peace, comfort, and understanding. Help him to realize that his son will still be with him as long as he remembers him. Father, support and guide Rick to reflect on the positive things and events that they shared together and dim those issues that were counterproductive. Father, You are the great healer and I give You all the praise for what You do for us but please give a boost to Rick. AMEN

Blackwater
12-28-2016, 01:19 PM
Thanks to all of you. Rick is such a heartfelt man. I don't even know how he got the strength to post it. He ran the lab at Ga. Tech for many, many years, and often had to correct errors in some of the student's thinking and methods when they conducted experiments. They all loved him. I can't tell you how much your prayers mean to him. He's a true believer, and he's had other tragedies in his life, and yet, he's always had the courage to get through them all, always finding his Faith to be the one thing he needed and used most. Thank you. It matters.

Teddy (punchie)
01-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Praying for all that are effected in this way. We sometimes don't know others troubles praying for all that of your children that need help.