PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Friend

SharpsShooter
11-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Gents

Tonight I struggle to maintain composure as I type. Earlier today a lifelong friend and fellow member here at Cast Boolits was struck down with a stroke at the age of 40.

Moodyholler, is as I write this in Roanoke Memorial Hospital ICU after suffering a stroke with a bleeder. He underwent surgery this evening and his prognosis is uncertain for the next 24 hours or so.

I don't know if you as an individual subscribe to the power of prayer or power of positive thinking theory. That is up to each to decide. I do ask that you keep him in your thoughts. He will need all the support he can get.

Regards to All

SharpsShooter

waksupi
11-02-2005, 11:37 PM
My most sincere hopes for the good outcome with Moodyholler. He's a good guy.

45nut
11-02-2005, 11:49 PM
My most sincere hopes for the good outcome with Moodyholler. He's a good guy.
That goes for me as well,I shall send a prayer along as well.
Very difficult to convey thoughts along to his family via a small forum such as ours,but please pass along what you can. 45nut

357tex
11-02-2005, 11:53 PM
I do belive in prayer to the sovereign God of the universe. I will keep him in my prayers.
Keep us updated.

Buckshot
11-03-2005, 03:21 AM
..............Dang, that's a blow at any age, but 40!!!!!!! Thoughts and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. How is his family doing?

............Buckshot

David R
11-03-2005, 06:57 AM
I will be thinking of him.

eka
11-03-2005, 09:33 AM
That is terrible to hear. I have learned from his posts and hope for a full recovery. Best wishes to his family.

shooter2
11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
"subscribe to the power of prayer"? I live with the power of prayer. I've seen it work too often. With Christ, all things are possible. Of course I'll pray for your friend. Too early for him to check out and leave the rest of us behind. Bob...

bascom32423
11-03-2005, 12:21 PM
My prayers are with Moodyholler. His stroke is a grim reminder that we are all frail children of the dust.

Henry

Jumptrap
11-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Been thinking about this feller since I read this post. Crying shame and I do hope for a full recovery. God is able.

NVcurmudgeon
11-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Our thoughts and prayers to Moodyholler and his family, Bill and Fran.

Maineboy
11-03-2005, 04:39 PM
My prayers are offered for Moodyholler and his family. When something like this happens, it makes me think of what's REALLY important in life.

SharpsShooter
11-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Evening all,

I have just returned from Roanoke Va. and have a brief update on moodyholler. His condition is only slightly improved at this point and is still quite serious. A shunt was installed last night during surgery to alleviate the pressure related to the stroke and the bleeder was repaired. They are closely monitoring the repair and I expect to hear more from the latest tests tonight.

On the up side, he is talking clearly and has some use of his limbs, but it is still too early to determine total motor skill damage, if any exists. He is having some difficulty focusing his eyesight, but only when looking up or down. Straight ahead and left/right seems to be ok.

Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated and I’ll print this thread and hang it up in his room Saturday when I go back. Think of it as a get well card and beat Hallmark out of a buck or two.

Thanks Again

SharpsShooter

eka
11-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like the news is somewhat encouraging. Keep us posted and our prayers are with him and the family.

Keith

ammohead
11-03-2005, 11:14 PM
I didn't post last night when I first saw the thread on moodyholler, but I did pray a bit. I am heartened to hear that he is seeing improvement.

Hang in there Moody. There's lots of casting yet to do!

ammohead

Junior1942
11-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm hoping he makes it ok, Sharpshooter. Strokes and heart attacks aren't just for the old. I had my first heart attack at age 39. I was sitting at the kitchen counter eating a sandwich when it started.

He'll need someone to keep his spirits up when he gets out of the hospital. Recovery of muscle function will take a while, but it will mostly return. A stroke is basically a heart attack of the brain. A blood clot stops up an artery, and the tissue fed by the artery dies.

trooperdan
11-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Best wishes for MoodyHoller and he will be in my prayers as well. Return soon to the range, old friend!

9.3X62AL
11-04-2005, 11:20 AM
First time on the board in 2 weeks, and this is quite a blow, for sure. The encouraging news update is very welcome. Thoughts and prayers for Moody Holler and family, by all means.

357tex
11-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Sharpshooter
How is Moodyholler doing?We are still praying for him and his family.

SharpsShooter
11-08-2005, 12:24 PM
357tex

moodyholler is still in ICU. He had improved slightly since I saw him on Thursday the 3rd, and the Doctor’s turned off the shunt on Sunday to see if he was ready for it’s removal. That didn’t go too well and the cranial pressure went back up to unacceptable levels. The last word I had came from his mother last night and she indicated that the Doc’s had decided to implant a permanent internal shunt tomorrow unless his condition improved significantly. I did talk to him briefly last Thursday and he is aware of his situation and recognizes everyone just fine. The eyesight still is bothersome to him and he tires very easily. I’ll try to post an update after surgery Wednesday.

SharpsShooter

Buckshot
11-09-2005, 02:09 AM
............Thanks for the update. I was thinking about him the other day.

..............Buckshot

SharpsShooter
11-10-2005, 09:29 AM
After surgery to implant a permanant shunt on Wednesday morning and a day to recover, Moodyholler is doing well! He had a really great night. The headaches are better. He actually got up last night and went to the bathroom. His blood pressure is fine. He is going to have another CT scan this morning just to check to make sure that everything is fine from the shunt operation yesterday. If all goes well with the scan, he will be going to PCU today! That is the step down unit and is a tremendous sign of improvement.
[smilie=w: [smilie=w:

45nut
11-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Thats Excellent News ~ Please Pass along our Greetings and Well Wishes to get back out on the streets and trails soon!

Buckshot
11-19-2005, 10:04 AM
...........Any news updates on Moodyholler?

..............Buckshot

SharpsShooter
11-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Pardon the delay Buckshot.... When I visited this past Thursday, I saw a very “determined to get back in action Moodyholler”. He was bored to death just sitting there waiting and attributed some of his fatigue to the drugs they were giving him. When the physical therapist came to work with him, he gave it all his attention and effort. They went walking down the hall and I tagged along as a cheering section and asinine comment provider. The biggie was the stairs. He went up and down 4 steps a few times, a bit shaky, but he did it nonetheless. By the time he was finished, he had real honest sweat on his forehead, but his determination never wavered. I left shortly after they moved him to the step-down, and as you know he wasn’t there long. He wants to get back to work as soon as his vision permits. The Moodyholler I saw yesterday will recover and be just fine given the time.

He went home thursday evening and is doing his rehab on an outpatient basis.

[smilie=w:

C1PNR
11-19-2005, 09:03 PM
That is great news! Prayers go out for him and his family.

A fighter battling back is what I see! Good on him and BEST wishes for his future.

Frank46
11-20-2005, 04:29 AM
My prayers are with him for a speedy recovery, Frank

Buckshot
11-20-2005, 09:34 AM
............His determination and perserverance will only help to make things happen, and recoveries can shock physicians.

.............Buckshot

9.3X62AL
11-20-2005, 11:40 AM
That is REALLY good news--many thanks for keeping us up to date.

Bret4207
11-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Best of luck and good wishes to him on a speedy recovery.

swheeler
11-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Good news indead! Best wishes to MoodyHoller and his.
Scooter

Buckshot
11-30-2005, 04:55 AM
............Well? :D

..............Buckshot