PDA

View Full Version : front sight replacement for Yugo 24/47?

hc18flyer
12-22-2016, 05:08 PM
I have a Redfield 'peep' sight going onto a nice 24/47. What should I look for to replace the front sight? Lyman 'globe'? Simply file the stock sight flat on top? My 60 year old eyes would prefer something besides that inverted 'V'. Thanks in advance, hc18flyer

Gunor
12-22-2016, 05:38 PM
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/front-sights/mauser-front-sight-blank-prod341.aspx

try this

georgerkahn
12-22-2016, 05:57 PM
A gentleman named Bill Bentz makes awesome military front sights. You can contact Bill via email: dcm450shtr@comcast.net This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it, or snail-mail at 64 W. Bristol Road, Ivyland, PA 18974.
geo

TNsailorman
12-22-2016, 06:20 PM
I like the "fiber optic" front sights and have used them before on a couple of my rifles. They are great for people like your and I (I am 75 years old) whose eyesight is not what it use to be. They do have one drawback that I have found; they tend to wash out for me in bright sun light. They show up very nicely in the woods and on slightly overcast days. My experience anyway, james

hc18flyer
12-22-2016, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the replies. I do have Williams Fire Sights on a TC New Englander muzzle loader, GREAT in low light, not so good in bright sunshine. I am considering it, and look into other options. I will try and contact Bill Benz about his sights too. Hc18flyer

hc18flyer
01-06-2017, 04:26 PM
I contacted Bill Bentz, he produces sights for 1903 rifles, unfortunately not for Mausers. I will get on from Brownells, or call Williams to see if on of their 'fiber optics' front sights might do the trick? Thanks, Tom

A gentleman named Bill Bentz makes awesome military front sights. You can contact Bill via email: dcm450shtr@comcast.net This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it, or snail-mail at 64 W. Bristol Road, Ivyland, PA 18974.
geo