PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for Lone Wolf

cbr
06-21-2008, 03:51 PM
It seems like people usually only complain about companies when they have bad results or experiences, so I wanted to praise Lone Wolf Distributers on their product and customer service. I recently purchased a Lone Wolf barrel for a .40 Glock 22 so I could push my cast bullets a little faster and not worry about the bulged brass. Well when I got it the throat in front of the chamber was too tight for a .401 sized Lee 175 grain TL bullet to fit. I had to seat the bullets so deep to get them to chamber that they would not feed. I called Lone Wolf and they said, "No problem, send the barrel back, a couple dummy rounds, and we will cut the chamber and throat to match your reloads at no cost." I think the guy I talked to was Dan. Super nice guy. Got the barrel back today and my reloads fit perfect, and it is just as accurate or more so than the stock barrel. I can push them faster without leading now too with the standard rifling. The barrel slugs at exactly .400, and the fit and finish is perfect. This barrel, along with the customer service is worth well more than the $100 they charge for it. If anyone is looking for a aftermarket Glock barrel I suggest you give them a shot. Anyone else have good experiences with Lone Wolf?

Rick N Bama
06-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks for posting this report. I've been thinking about getting my son an aftermarket barrel for his G22 & Lone Wolf sure looks appealing due to the price. Did your barrel drop in or did a Gunsmith have to fit it?

Thanks again,

Rick

trickyasafox
06-22-2008, 12:36 AM
is it that much easier on the brass? for 100 bucks it may be worth it. brass probably will be like WW someday in that we'll all wish we took better care when much of it was free

cbr
06-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Rick, the barrel dropped right in, and seemed to fit just a little tighter than the stock Glock barrel. I was very impressed with the fit. Tricky, I compared some brass from the Lone Wolf barrel and my stock barrel, and you can see the difference. The walls on the case fired in the Lone Wolf barrel look straight, and you can see the case is swelled on the one fired in the factory Glock barrel. I will try to measure the difference and maybe try to take a pic, but I got to get ready for work now.

Jimlakeside
06-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I too am happy with my Lone Wolf barrel. I have a Glock 34 which I wanted to shoot lead through and purchased a LW barrel. It fit with no problem and has shoot everything I have put in it.

moonclip
06-23-2008, 11:03 PM
I have had my Lone Wolf barrel for about six months. The chamber is quite abit tighter than the glock barrel. I think thats good. I too had to seat my boolits a little deeper. I haven't had any trouble since I started doing that. It's nice to know they will work on it for free if I need.
Like the barrle, like the tight fit.:-D

cbr
06-24-2008, 09:52 AM
According to my dial calipers, a case fired out of my stock Glock 22 barrel bulges to .431, Sig 226 barrel .427, and Lone Wolf barrel .424. I just measured the fattest part of the case. The Lone Wolf should be much easier on the brass.

Maine1
06-27-2008, 09:58 PM
MY LW barrels are great, I also sent in my G-21 barrel with a couple of dummy rounds, and was not disapointed! excellent service! The 10mm barrel for my g-20 is much better on brass than the factory barrel. Most brass will slide righ back into a case gauge.

LW are my go to barrels for shooting lead, as well as carry and everything else.