PDA

View Full Version : lee 6 cav .452 255 gr rf mold

sandman228
12-21-2016, 12:11 PM
I just ordered a lee 6 cav .452 255 gr rf mold from midway .anyone have experience with this mold that could give me some feedback ? a while back when I 1st started loading 45 colt I ordered a lee 2 cav .452 252 swc mold when I tried to cast with it the mold halves were out of align so I returned it to midway for an exchange ,when my exchange showed up it was same way so I returned it and just decided to use what I had here which was a lee 6 cav 200 gr swc . ive been semi successful with accuracy with this bullet out of my bisley Blackhawk ive also tried the lee 160 gr .452 bullet and don't care much for it . I recently bought a rossi ranch hand in 45 colt and it seems to be terrible with lighter bullets . I like to shoot 45 colt but ive been trying to stay with lighter bullets to save on the lead supply and I'm not real happy with the results so I finally took bit the bullet and went with a mold that will make a heavier bullet which is what the 45 colt is intended for (imho). the main powders I use in 45 colt are unique , trail boss , and 4756 .

retread
12-21-2016, 12:19 PM
I use that mold for my 45 Colt Vaquero. It performs real well, very tight groups. I also load with the Lee 228-R. That one is great for saving lead and is very consistently accurate.