PDA

View Full Version : vintage bausch & lomb balvar 6x24 target

porthos
12-20-2016, 04:13 PM
just bought one that is as close to new as you can get. does anyone have the instruction booklet that came with it. if so could you make a copy and send it to me. i can use it but, there are a couple things that i would like to know that will be in the instructions. the instructions might be on-line somewhere, but, i can't find them. ( this is the older B & L with external adjustments like a UNERTL)

porthos

Dryball
12-21-2016, 01:37 AM
Porthos, I have one on a vintage 1,000 yard gun and love it. The worst part was taking everyting apart...they liked to use oil and it froze the workings. I will look for my manual but IIRC there wasn't much in the way of instructions in it. PM me in a day or so if ya have any other questions.

Ballistics in Scotland
12-21-2016, 05:38 AM
HE Gibbs bought a great deal of obsolete material n the external-adjustment sporting scope range, and still offer most items in that range, in which I am a firm believer. No prizes are offered for guessing why a scope that could be switched around as many rifles as you liked, with adjustment staying in each mount, got discontinued...

They mention in their price list that they have "other collector's literature", which might include what you want.

http://www.bauschandlombscopemounts.freeservers.com/index.htm

porthos
12-21-2016, 12:40 PM
i have contacted H.E. GIBBS via there phone # and the #is no longer in service. there is no e-mail listed. i suspect that they are no longer in business

Ballistics in Scotland
12-22-2016, 08:17 AM
That would be a pity. I've never used them, but always thought of them as being there if I needed them. I can only suggest that you put up a standing search with e-mail notifications on eBay. Frame it carefully, as Bausch and Lomb seem to be popular targets with the vandals who cut up old magazines and sell or try to sell ads.

For anybody who needs a sporting scope mount in the system I mentioned, Gunparts have quite a lot of types.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Search.htm?s=bausch