PDA

View Full Version : Power Stoning Fixture

Tatume
12-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Hello Folks,

Several people at various places on the Internet (not here) have said the Powers Series I stoning fixture will work on Ruger NM Blackhawk triggers and hammers. It obviously works for triggers, and from all I have read works very well. However, despite the claims, I can find no evidence that the Series I can be set up to stone the notch in the NM hammer.

Does the Series I fixture work with hammers, or must one purchase a Power Series II fixture for hammer work?

Thanks, Tom

44man
12-20-2016, 10:26 AM
I don't know. I just smooth triggers a tiny bit with a ceramic stone and might not even touch the trigger. The hammer is different and needs creep removed so I use my tool grinder to reduce it. Then the ceramic stone. Fixtures keep angles right is all. Never change them.

fourarmed
12-20-2016, 06:57 PM
44 Man is right. Making the full-cock step on the hammer a little shallower is all that is needed to take the movement out of Blackhawk triggers. In fact, dry firing with some forward pressure on the hammer will burnish the engagement surfaces and often smoothes them to the point that nothing else need be done. You can live with some trigger movement if it is smooth. Creepiness is the problem.

JMax
12-20-2016, 09:08 PM
I have an early series one and avoid polishing hammer notches. I agree with both 44man and four armed. Thumb pressure on the hammer spur is an old armorers trick to iron out differences but not to be over done.