PDA

View Full Version : A prayer request for me

aspangler
12-19-2016, 10:50 PM
I don't usually ask for prayer for myself because there are others on here who need the prayers more. I went to the VA ER with a kidneystone Saturday afternoon and the ran a CT scan to see how big it was and where it was. It was not too bad so they could send me home and they did. What I need prayer for is that they found an abdomenal aortic anyurism (sp?) about 5 cm long. thats 2 inches btw. I was told to take it easy, not to get upset, and try to keep the blood pressure down. No heavy lifting and no straining. Consult put in for an immediate talk with the Vasular Surgeon. Pray that Our Lord and Savior will have His way and that He will touch and guide the Doctors hands.

Thanks you in advance for your prayers.
Bro. Albert

WFO2
12-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Brother I to have a Triple A mine is 4.5cm and doing testing on it they found a leaking Aortic valve on my heart .Hang in there I'm just living a day at a time enjoying my hobbies and my family .They found mine during my kidney stone episode as well ( 8mm ) stone .

lightman
12-19-2016, 11:27 PM
Prayers on the way Brother. Hope you're back on your feet soon.

aspangler
12-19-2016, 11:28 PM
My stone has passed. About 3.5mm. Hurts like a knife twisted in there. Thanks for the prayers.

shoot-n-lead
12-19-2016, 11:33 PM
Prayer sent.

Just follow the orders and the Doc will get this fixed.

smoked turkey
12-20-2016, 12:35 AM
Bro Albert I believe you are a man of great faith. With that in mind I know the Lord will provide what you need the most in this situation. Lord please do a healing work for my brother here. Please help him to take it easy for now, and later provide the best surgeon in the business for him. I pray that you will give wisdom and guidance to the surgeon and all those associated with this need. We are believing for total and complete healing of this aortic aneurism. Thank you Lord. Amen.

big bore 99
12-20-2016, 01:19 AM
Prayers sent. These days they are good with this surgery. It is serious for sure, but they have been doing it for years, I believe Albert Einstien was one of the first to have it done. He lived many years afterward. Just listen to the docs.

Multigunner
12-20-2016, 01:34 AM
I'll add you to my prayer list. Take it easy and best of luck.
My sister has lived with an inoperable aneurysm in her head for thirty years or so. Its in a passageway inside the bone of the skull so its not likely to expand enough to burst but it probably would burst if they tried to get at it to fix it.

Bzcraig
12-20-2016, 01:46 AM
In Jesus name may the diagnosis be accurate, the treatment perfect and the healing complete!

Boaz
12-20-2016, 07:03 AM
I'll be praying Albert . I'm sorry you had the kidney stone problem but that's over and it provided discovery of the aneurysm . You can now be treated , praise GOD they detected it so it can be dealt with .

Lord be with Albert and his family as they deal with this new problem . Guide his doctors , may you work through them to provide your help to him . Be close to Albert , guide and give him strength . Thank you Lord . Amen

buckwheatpaul
12-20-2016, 08:11 AM
Albert, Sounds like the kidney stone saved your life....please take it easy and trust first in God and then in your physician.

Father, Albert is in need of Your special kind of help. Please guide the physicians that will work on his annurism and allow them to repair it. Father, I have complete faith in You and know that You have a specific path we are to walk but I also believe that You are the Great Healer and that You can and pray that You will guide those physicians. Father, Albert is a faithful follower and needs Your help. Please hear my prayer for him. AMEN

Preacher Jim
12-20-2016, 08:24 AM
Albert started praying for you. Lord will get you through the process and back serving Him.
Keep us updated

GhostHawk
12-20-2016, 09:26 AM
Prayer sent.

USMC87
12-20-2016, 09:41 AM
Albert, Keep your head up and your mind on God because Satan uses these situations to draw your attention to the worst of any situation. You will be on our prayer list and please keep us updated.

Half Dog
12-20-2016, 09:57 AM
These prayers have been repeated. Amen

Pine Baron
12-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Albert, you are in my prayers.

w5pv
12-20-2016, 11:57 AM
I suffered with a kidney stone for years before they found it,the Va DR that found it called and asked if I had ever been shot the answer was no and after about three hospital visits they broke the stone up and I have not had any more problems.I used uberti drink mix along with cranberry juice every day so far so good.

jcren
12-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Prayers sent.

Hawgsquatch
12-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Prayers sent.

Blackwater
12-20-2016, 04:49 PM
Paul has a great point. Most of us still like to think we're 10 ft. tall, bulletproof and immortal, and that's just not the case any more. I've often wondered if the Lord doesn't send us something like a kidney stone or whatever, so we'll notice a more threatening condition? It's above our pay grade to know these things, but there's no missing how often it works like that. So even though I've never had a stone, I've had friends and family who have, and I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy. But the aneuryism is much more serious.

Prayers up for you. Keep the faith and let God do His mighty work, through the doctors or however He decides to help you, and keep you with us. God bless you.

aspangler
12-20-2016, 10:25 PM
Update. VA called today. Appointment with the surgeon on January the 13th at 10AM. Lords will be done. Thank all of you for your prayers.
Bro. Albert

Boaz
12-20-2016, 10:40 PM
Glad you got set up with an appointment . Keep us updated Albert . I'll pray for you brother and many more here too .

yancey
12-20-2016, 11:38 PM
I don't usually ask for prayer for myself because there are others on here who need the prayers more. I went to the VA ER with a kidneystone Saturday afternoon and the ran a CT scan to see how big it was and where it was. It was not too bad so they could send me home and they did. What I need prayer for is that they found an abdomenal aortic anyurism (sp?) about 5 cm long. thats 2 inches btw. I was told to take it easy, not to get upset, and try to keep the blood pressure down. No heavy lifting and no straining. Consult put in for an immediate talk with the Vasular Surgeon. Pray that Our Lord and Savior will have His way and that He will touch and guide the Doctors hands.

Thanks you in advance for your prayers.
Bro. Albert

Albert, Three months ago my wife had a kidneystone and like you they found an aortic anyurism about 2.5 inches long. She did see the Vascular Surgen . The surgen is just going to keep her checked every so many weeks by ultra sound ( One ultra sound 2 weeks ago)
He sounded like he didnt want to rush into surgery this soon with it being only 2.5 inch ( This info might help you before you Dr visit)
Prayers going out for you Brother !

Pine Baron
12-21-2016, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the update, Albert. Please take it easy my brother. Prayers for patience. Soon enough, my friend, soon enough.

Blackwater
12-21-2016, 04:50 PM
God be with you, Albert.

Oklahoma Rebel
12-22-2016, 11:17 AM
Gosh, i', very sorry to hear that! I will pray for you right now. and good luck.

WRideout
12-25-2016, 12:23 PM
Prayers for a complete healing and return to a normal life, bother Al.

Wayne

aspangler
01-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Update.

As promised here is the update on the AAA. Surgeon says it needs fixing but is in no big hurry to do it. May have it done by the last of March. I have to have an ultrasound of the vessels in my neck and have to see a cardiologist to make sure the old ticker can handle it.
Now for the good news. No open surgery! It can be repaired using an endograf? (sp) just like a stint but MUCH bigger. Also the time it takes to do this and be back home is: 1 1/2 hr approx. for the operation thru the groin, an overnight stay and 1-2 weeks recovery at home and good to go. Continue to pray for me and I will keep you updated.
Thank you all for your prayers. They help and also give me some comfort.
Your Brother in Christ,
Albert

Boaz
01-13-2017, 03:23 PM
Good deal on the surgery not being so invasive Albert ! Keep reporting brother , still praying .

Blackwater
01-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the good report. I've got some hip surgery coming up soon. Wish I could trade with you!

skeettx
01-13-2017, 06:53 PM
God is Good!
Great report
Please keep us posted
Mike

buckwheatpaul
01-13-2017, 10:04 PM
Albert, What a great report! Just mind your p's and q's till surgery and God will guide the physicians that will do the work. Still on the prayer list and keep those goooood reports coming. Paul

Pine Baron
01-14-2017, 10:10 AM
Praise God Albert. Thanks for the update. Prayers continue.

jmort
01-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Sorry to say I missed this pray opportunity, but I am now praying for God to guide the surgeons and that you have a complete recovery and live out your full days.

GhostHawk
01-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Thank you father, please be with him until the surgery is completed and he is recovered.
Thank you for all you do for us.

To GOD be the glory.

It is good to hear good news.

aspangler
01-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the good report. I've got some hip surgery coming up soon. Wish I could trade with you!
Thanks Brother. I will pray for you and also put you on the Prayer List at Church. Several members here are already on it.
Brother Albert

Blackwater
01-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Thanks for that. I had some big doses of steroids in my hips, and it's got my diabetes, and to a lesser degree, my blood pressure, kind'a crazy. No matter what I eat, it's almost impossible to get my blood sugar below 150. That's where I get the shakes, and if I eat anything with ANY sugars or carbs, my BS goes to 300! And that has me tired out! Also interferes with my sleep, so if I get goofy, you'll all know why. Just send me a PM and tell me to go eat something! :-? Looks like it's going to be last of Feb. or March, from the indications so far. Didn't Tom Petty have a song out about the waiting being the hardest part?

This gittin' older ain't for sissies, is it?

aspangler
02-24-2017, 11:02 PM
As promised here is the update.

All tests leading up to now are good. PRAISE GOD! Thank you all for your prayers but I still need them.
Preop scheduled for March 2nd. Surgery scheduled for March 13 at 6:30 am EST. Please keep me in your prayers. God's will be done.
Bro. Albert

shoot-n-lead
02-24-2017, 11:20 PM
Prayer will continue.

buckwheatpaul
02-25-2017, 08:29 AM
Albert, Glad that the reports are still positive. March 2nd will come and go with your surgery done and you on the mend!

Father, Thank You for all that You have done for brother Albert and all those that we are praying for to heal and give comfort and grace to. Father, please guide the physicians that will do brother Albert's procedure and after the surgery please give comfort and grace to Albert as he goes about healing, and then speed his recovery so that he can once again serve YOU. Father I give You all the praise for what You do and I pray that You heal and return brother Albert to us. AMEN

Pine Baron
02-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the update Albert. Prayers continue for a smooth and successful procedure. God is good indeed.

Blackwater
02-25-2017, 11:34 AM
You're still in our prayers, Albert. God be with you, and grant you a good outcome. I've never had one, but my DIL has had a couple, and she does NOT like pain! She said she'd rather have another child via natural childbirth than another kidney stone. Another friend of mine, way back when they did considerably more cutting than they do now, was brought literally to his knees by a really large one, and he "survived" quite an ordeal back then with his surgery. It's SO good to have such greater methods of dealing with them now! Recovery time is SO much shorter. I think he was out of work about 3 weeks back then, and still hurting when he finally went back to work for lack of money. God has been SO good to us "moderns" to give us so many wondrous ways of doing things that didn't even exist just 20 years ago! Will be praying for a very good outcome for you. Even the best of doctors need God's blessing to get good results, even now.