PDA

View Full Version : Need help on app value of .22lr levermatic, all help appreciated.

koger
12-18-2016, 08:46 PM
I have a opportunity coming up to buy one of these, not sure of model number, but has the tube magazine. Blue in pics sent to my phone looks great, wood looks great, black walnut with big wide tiger stripes throughout, original finish, blue and wood, 90%+, has 3x9 Tasco, cheap scope, and sling mounted in original sling swivels. What is the value of this rifle, when I get to hold it, test fire for function, and everything is top notch. I was thinking I had seen them go on Auction sites, basic gun, for $400-450, what do you folks think? All help appreciated

pietro
12-20-2016, 10:30 PM

IIRC, that would be a Model 57.

I would be hard-pressed to pay more than $350 for it.

BTW, and unsold/unbid/opening bid auction dollars are not a value - they are merely asking prices.

The true value is whatever somebody would actually pay for one, today.

jsizemore
12-21-2016, 02:22 PM
Saw more than a few of these used in smallbore cowboy rifle silhouette. Great guns and accurate. Control round feeding. I got mine cheap (<$150) but needed attention. Info for disassembly on rimfirecentral.com

cuzinbruce
12-21-2016, 03:30 PM
I haven't looked recently but I think it was the .22WMR ones bringing $450 or so. Best to look on Gunbroker. You should be able to see sold prices. See how much you like it and how much the seller wants. Not a real expensive gun most of the time. Good Luck!

Multigunner
12-22-2016, 06:24 PM
If they want to revive older designs the Levermatic would be a greet one. Only one I ever saw locally was the .30 carbine chambered version.
I think these would sell very well these days, though the semi autos are still the in thing for the younger crowd. Us old timers appreciate the manual operated guns more now than we did when we were younger.

I never much cared for centerfire lever actions, due to a old injury to my right hand, but My older brother's Marlin and a new Henry rifle belonging to a friend have reminded me just how satisfying it is to work a smooth slick lever action rifle.
One of the most accurate guns I ever fired was an old .30-30 Marlin. It was amazingly precise. Something I never expected of a lever action with two piece stock.
One day I might get a lever action that I can use left handed. I've always been a good shot with either hand when using handguns, and I've practiced working a right handed bolt gun with the left hand. In recent years the vision of my left eye has improved quite a bit, I can usually see better on the left side and never had a problem using either eye to aim. For some reason it never occurred to me to give the lever actions another go left handed.