PDA

View Full Version : holster for 1911

LUCKYDAWG13
12-14-2016, 08:20 AM
I'm looking for a OWB holster for my 1911 right now this one is at the top of my list http://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Cuda-Leather-Concealed-Carry-Holster.cfm?item_id=407&parent=669 is this a good holster also looking at this one http://www.miltsparks.com/products-55-bn.php anything thing else i should look at also any one have a coupon code for simply Rugged
thank you

Dan Cash
12-14-2016, 11:22 AM
Buy the Sparks BN model and you will be happy. The rig will last as long as your pistol baring accident. Milt Sparks is what all others are compared to.

ole 5 hole group
12-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Myself, I much prefer inside the waist band - but if wore on a belt, I like the trigger guard to be exposed.

Here's a site that will make the holster to your specifications, all you need is money, but it will last a lifetime and pride of ownership might count for something.;)

http://shop.barrantileather.com/

PbHurler
12-14-2016, 12:49 PM
Have a look through Alessi's offerings. Many configurations, attachment types etc.

http://www.alessigunholsters.com/

I use their CQC-S for my 1911's, I particularly like the ability to install / remove the holster without threading my belt through it.
I have their belt "slide" versions (which are threaded on the belt) for an EMP & another for a 2-5/8" M629.

IMO they're great holsters, and a great company to do business with but be forewarned; you will probably have to wait for them to construct your holster. My wait times have been up to 12 weeks. The waits have been worth it, I wasn't in a hurry and had something else in use while I waited.

Good luck with your purchase.

B. Lumpkin
12-14-2016, 12:53 PM
Milt Sparks is really good. I prefer Mernickle though.

Piedmont
12-14-2016, 01:02 PM
My preference is a Milt Sparks Ibak. I have them for several pistols. Friction fit, simple, but very well made. Nothing not to like.

shoot-n-lead
12-14-2016, 01:04 PM
My preference is a Milt Sparks Ibak. I have them for several pistols. Friction fit, simple, but very well made. Nothing not to like.

Bingo! ^^^^

Der Gebirgsjager
12-14-2016, 01:26 PM
I looked at both links, and they're both nice holsters. I've got a footlocker full of holsters I bought that for one reason or another were abandoned for the next one. Now I use the one in the picture below almost exclusively. It is so simple, so versatile, and so inexpensive! The plus features are: Can be worn inside or outside the waistband. Can be attached with belt loops or the clip. Can be worn on either side. Accepts a variety of pistols. Fast access. Negatives: Not as protective of the pistol itself, as much of the slide/muzzle is exposed to perspiration if inside the waistband, and scratches if outside and not covered by a coat or shirttail.
This one is a TripleK 933-L and has served me well for about 10 years.
Click to enlarge.

LUCKYDAWG13
12-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Thanks all i will give Milt a call

Josh Smith
12-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Ken Null Super Speed Scabbard.

Josh

The Governor
12-14-2016, 08:56 PM
I have both and like Simply Rugged a bit better. A pancake just fits me better.
My favorite is my Bear Creek;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bearcreekholsters/sets/72157632211367536/
Mine is the black gator trimmed one on the top row.

Murphy
12-15-2016, 07:55 AM
I have watched Simply Rugged holsters grow from the beginning. Rob & Jan Leahy (the owners) started with a dream of making holsters that withstand the test of time. Rob is a pretty good size man and he began making holsters in search of something that would stand up to rugged treatment. He and Jan were living in Alaska at the time they started making holsters. I have two of his Real Man belts, one plain and one stamped along with numerous holsters built by Rob. I also call Rob & Jan personal friends and will tell you now when they put their name on a product, they back it 100%. Rob & Jan also donate to the troops like none other I've seen. In short, a great product built by great a great company.

I also own Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen and a few other holsters built by good companies. They're all excellent. But do take the time to call Simply Rugged and discuss your needs before placing and order.

Good luck on your search.

Murphy

LUCKYDAWG13
12-15-2016, 08:05 AM
Murphy
I will give S/R a call too
Thanks

Char-Gar
12-15-2016, 11:01 AM
I have watched Simply Rugged holsters grow from the beginning. Rob & Jan Leahy (the owners) started with a dream of making holsters that withstand the test of time. Rob is a pretty good size man and he began making holsters in search of something that would stand up to rugged treatment. He and Jan were living in Alaska at the time they started making holsters. I have two of his Real Man belts, one plain and one stamped along with numerous holsters built by Rob. I also call Rob & Jan personal friends and will tell you now when they put their name on a product, they back it 100%. Rob & Jan also donate to the troops like none other I've seen. In short, a great product built by great a great company.

I also own Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen and a few other holsters built by good companies. They're all excellent. But do take the time to call Simply Rugged and discuss your needs before placing and order.

Good luck on your search.

Murphy

I have known Rob for a long time and he is the first place I check with for gunleather. When he was starting up, he sent me one of his holsters for a 4" Smith and Wesson N frame, made from horsehide. It meets every definition of Simply Rugged and is still going strong. I have since purchased several more.

Like you I also have gunleather by El Paso Saddlery, Sparks, Barranti and several more good makers. It is a matter of finding a design you like and is comfortable for you to wear.

LUCKYDAWG13
12-18-2016, 07:46 PM
Well guys this is the holster that i ordered http://www.mcssl.com/store/a9856d0dead4463ea8f07338d4d909/catalog/product/a32da5c0f4ed4b6a8045885a05d27bfb
I know i took a chance but i do like the way that it looks

B. Lumpkin
12-18-2016, 08:33 PM
Did you get any exotic trim? I really like black elephant trim. It just seems to be right for my ivory gripped 1911 pistols, lol.

TTGunleather has a really good reputation. I also like the "High Grain" horsehide holsters from Exodus leather

LUCKYDAWG13
12-18-2016, 08:37 PM
No I just got the Plain Jane

B. Lumpkin
12-18-2016, 08:42 PM
You will love it regardless!! My post was typed jokingly, but that is lost in translation, lol.