PDA

View Full Version : computer problem???

Lloyd Smale
12-14-2016, 06:23 AM
I'm about as computer illiterate as they come. Don't know what I did but my computer wont let me edit any posts I make and its not just on here. its on all the forums I frequent. Anyone have any clue what I did or how to fix it?

tomme boy
12-14-2016, 11:30 AM
What do you mean as to you can not edit the post. Is there no option tab to edit the post or your backspace or Del buttons do not work?

I just hit the edit button at the bottom of this post to add this. SOOO.

Some forums have a time limit on your post to be able to edit them. Some are hours some are days. 24hourcampfire forum is about 24 hours

runfiverun
12-14-2016, 12:14 PM
sometimes you have to leave the post and go back to the main page then re-click on the thread and edit your post.
it happens to me sometimes too.

popper
12-14-2016, 01:55 PM
Probably nothing you or your computer did. The advertisers are ready to take over the internet, just like cable TV. Then add Gov. and malware and 'just forget it'. Looking for a legal retail win7 disk to install on the wife's Xp machine. Her real problem is all the coupon clipping email she gets that have code to 'backdoor' to the ad sites. Functionally does a DOS attack on her machine's IP stack (Xp has a stack overrun problem). Even Hornady's reloading site won't work if you disable the ad trackers. My search engine isn't google yet this site stalls when it (by itself) goes to google. That messes up the post/edit/autosave timing so refresh sometimes works. They even figured out how to put ads on ipad by spoofing the packets at the provider level. Gee, edit this and the tab locked up so editing in another tab.

Down South
12-14-2016, 02:38 PM
The first thing to try is reboot. "You may have tried that already".

mozeppa
12-14-2016, 03:24 PM
are you logged in?

gwpercle
12-14-2016, 04:56 PM
Can you borrow a local 12 to 14 year old , they all seem to have been born with innate computer knowledge and skills that us older guys can't get a handle on .
The boy who lives next door will trouble shoot for me.
Gary

OS OK
12-14-2016, 05:44 PM
WARNING...

This doesn't have anything to do with editing but...just a few minutes ago I clicked from another window back to this forum tab and a white page appeared telling me that there was a new version of this forums software!

After what we just went through with computer problems this notice scared me and I couldn't close that tab quick enough..I sure wasn't going to click on the 'CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD' button in the center of the page. I couldn't find that page in my history either...something me thinks is smelling fishy!

Sorry I didn't react differently and get more info but it freaked me out as I trust computers about as far as I can throw my Chevy Pickup!

Has anyone seen this?

Lloyd Smale
12-15-2016, 06:18 AM
refreshing before I edit seemed to work. thanks for the help
The first thing to try is reboot. "You may have tried that already".