PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like a challenge!

Wolfer
12-11-2016, 04:45 PM
My 6 yr old granddaughter and I decided to go squirrel hunting this afternoon. It's misting rain and the squirrels were kinda laid back. Not a lot of activity.
We saw 5 squirrels and 1 rabbit but they were all normal. We didn't see any that were blind, deaf or possibly just crazy. By the time we got back home I had decided these were the only kind we could close the deal on.

Hunting with the grandkids is as good as it gets!:-D

We will keep trying and I'm sure we will eventually close the deal.

Driver33
12-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Sounds like time well spent

runfiverun
12-11-2016, 09:28 PM
I kind of like the blind ones myself. :lol:

tigweldit
12-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Wolfer, Lucky you on a day well spent.

Hawks Feather
12-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Sounds like one great hunt.

smoked turkey
12-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Sounds perfect. I remember a few years ago I took the grandson and for some reason we enjoyed immediate success. I do think one of the squirrels was of the deaf/blind variety because he just set on a low fork and waited for my grandson to pop him with the 22. We then ran into another such creature a few trees away and the grandson popped him too. With our hunt just started and so much more good hunting to go, I was surprised when my grandson wanted to go back to the house. I said there were more good squirrel trees down the path, he said that's alright because I have just killed more squirrels that I have shot in my whole life. So back to the house for the real work of cleaning them. We were both happy. Wolfer those times are to be cherished. Thanks for reminding me of a past hunt with my grandson.

s mac
12-15-2016, 05:31 PM
I think a guy needs to wear blaze orange and pretend to be deer hunting, that's when I see all the relaxed, dumb squirrels.

skeettx
12-16-2016, 12:01 PM
He he he
Well done, well done
Mike

CITYREPO61
12-18-2016, 10:14 AM
Sounds like a perfect day