PDA

View Full Version : my 1875 uberti remington 44/40

johnson1942
12-11-2016, 01:43 PM
put a new regular main spring in it and this new spring isnt as strong as the original. the light spring was too light but this one is just right to cock and set all the primers off. now to the load ive developed that is super accurate. i bought 3 boxes of .433 roundballs from the loacal hardware store and resized them to .430. i put 20 grains of blackhorn 209 powder in the case by weight and a 60 thousands thick fiber wad and the resized roundball on top of that. roll crimped slightly over the end of the roundball. this load is more accurate than any other i have tried. pleasant to shoot, low recoil and most of all very consistantly accurate. this one shoots to point of aim and about a inch to the left. i can just shoot a inch to the right of any thing i aim at. range was 15 to 20 yards which is my favorite distance to shoot my cowboy guns at. i use resized roundballs in my 2 cowboy 38 specials, my cowboy 45 long colt and now my cowboy 44/40. of course blackhorn 209 powder is the powder i use in all of them. just wanted to share this as their may be some one who wants to try this set up also.