PDA

View Full Version : Lucky day!

GrayTech
12-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Got a Rem870 last week and was looking around at reloading tool options. Then I stumbled across this in the back corner of a gun shop. Very dusty, don't think they really knew what it was, except that it's for shotgun reloading. I bought it for $100, complete with bushings, box of primers and ½ bag of shot. Needs a good clean and a bit of paint on the base, but otherwise perfect.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161211/9bef9dd9143244e4f56dd7e3e08aa241.jpg
I think I got a deal.

scotner
12-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Ponsness Warren Patriot maybe? I think you got a deal too.

When I got back into skeet shooting (again) I saw a local auction house list a MEC 600 Jr in an upcoming auction. I went to the auction, took a look at the loader when i arrived and registered to bid. It was a 12 gauge NIB and appeared to have all of the parts present. I ended up buying it for $65. When I got it home I took it out of the box and started sorting out everything for assembly. I opened one of the parts boxes inside and it was an auto primer feed. Made my day.

runfiverun
12-11-2016, 01:35 PM
that's the ponsness warren size-o-matic 900.
it has the quick change shot/powder bushings.
it also has the little bushing brush adaptor too.
you'll want to get the 300 primer tray adaptor it comes with a new cover.
the Hornady wad fingers will fit in it, and you can get sub caliber change overs for it.
I have two just like it and use the heck out of them.
I would have bought it for $100 and would have figured out somewhere to put it :lol:

GrayTech
12-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Yes, PW 900. And yes, I intend to use the heck out of it.
My tinkering and DIY nature is already wondering if I can load lee slugs with it (don't see why not).

runfiverun
12-13-2016, 06:53 PM
you can you'll just have to wait till after the shot stage and before the crimp stage to drop the slug in.
I think you can lift [or unscrew the hold in hex head bolt and drop it out] the shot dropper out to make a little more hand room in that area.
I would have to go look at one of mine as I might be confusing it with my L/S-1000.

GrayTech
12-14-2016, 10:21 AM
I was thinking to adjust ram and shot tube shorter and drop the slug in with the wad.