PDA

View Full Version : FMK pistols?

Tackleberry41
12-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Had never heard of the brand, the local gunshop had 3 of them laid out getting ready to put them in the case. Supposed to be a glock for those who dont want to pay for a glock. The internal look really really close to a glock. Handled like a compact gun 14rd mag. Metal mag vs plastic. Shop says $359, so a budget gun. Just dont know if they are any good. Found some reviews saying junk, others saying a decent cheap gun.

Bzcraig
12-11-2016, 02:56 AM
I bought one with the Bill of Rights on it more for a conversation piece. Did take it to the range once and put 10 rounds through it to make sure it functioned, which it did. I will say the trigger is awful but not unexpected for the price.

FergusonTO35
12-11-2016, 01:25 PM
S&W SD series is a far better gun for the same price. I think FMK exists mainly as a political statement. Which is fine, certainly, but that's about all they are.

jmort
12-11-2016, 01:29 PM
"I will say the trigger is awful but not unexpected for the price."

FMK has a "California Trigger" which you got and the good trigger sold outside California, where allowed. You can replace the California trigger with a much better one as they sell them direct. Drop-in replacement. Decent, well priced gun. Great deal. Those who say otherwise don't know what they are talking about. Ain't nothing wrong with the FMK on any level.

rintinglen
12-11-2016, 02:05 PM
The one I shot went bang when you pulled the trigger. It was a better gun, I thought than the S&W Sigma series, the Sigma I had went back to the factory and ended up down the road. It could not be relied upon to go bang when you pulled the trigger. Neither would make me forsake my Sigs or my older S&W M-39-2.