PDA

View Full Version : Lee Pro 1000 won't index

DBrown
06-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I bought a nice Lee Pro 1000 on the SASS wire. As I am trying to figure out how to use it I noticed that the primers were tipping. There was a good video on Leeprecision.com that showed how to turn the indexing screw that turned the shell plate and snapped it into position. When I turn the screw the shell plate does not turn. Anyone have any experience with this and know what to do?
Thanks
This is quite a trial and error process!:confused:

hotwheelz
06-19-2008, 05:48 PM
IM not sure if I understand whats happening but there is a little plastic hex gear that rides on the on the action rod that gets stripped if things are out of wack . here is the lee web page and the part # for the plastic gear

http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/parts.cgi?1213911780.452=90035

part # TR2432

this is were i would start looking

Marlinreloader
06-19-2008, 06:09 PM
I would call lee. They are very good at making it work for you.
Good luck
Marlinreloader

ForneyRider
06-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Like above, check the plastic gear. Pro 1000 come new with 3 of them.

Keep it clean, keep it loaded(primers and powder), keep it lubed, keep it adjusted.

:)

RP
06-23-2008, 07:48 PM
there is a plastic index gear in the houseing WARNING if you over tighten it will not work right. Only tighten it enough to make it work the gear floats inside of the houseing so it does not try to turn the turret on the up stroke the teeth engage on the down stroke thats why you do not overtighten it wont slip right. Been there dont that.

dragonrider
06-23-2008, 09:07 PM
There are two plastic gears inside the shell plate holder, one with a hex shape id that rides inside a larger gear that is the adjustment for the shell plate. You gotta take the whole thing apart to get at it but I think you problem is the larger gear may be stipped where that adjustment screw you turned rides against the side of the larger gear. You can reuse the gear, just take it out rotate it 180 degrees and put it back in.