PDA

View Full Version : Marksmanship Training Center - Lake City Michigan

dverna
12-09-2016, 12:04 AM
Has anybody attended either the Long Range or Carbine classes offered at this facility?

Has anyone shot there?

Opinions please

Thanks

Don Verna

nagantguy
12-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Years ago I shot a SASS match there, as a good friend and hunting buddy lives near there, it was a. I've place with nice people no one even gave my dirty looks cause the only costume I had was a dollar store cowboy hat.

Alstep
12-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Have never been there, but just checked out their web site, impressive. If it's as good as it looks, you're guess is as good as mine.

CMP puts on the Small Arms Firing School for beginners, and advanced long range clinics every year at the National Matches at Camp Perry, Ohio every year. It's geared to competitive high power shooting, stressing basic marksmanship skills. Everything else depends on the basics, even hunting and the tactical stuff.
Good luck.

JWT
12-09-2016, 08:51 PM
Looks interesting. Never heard of them before your post.

jcwit
12-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Funny, no requirement to be an NRA member if joining. This is the 2nd club I've seen this in Michigan. Mayhap they do not care about the big dog protecting our rights!

dragon813gt
12-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Funny, no requirement to be an NRA member if joining. This is the 2nd club I've seen this in Michigan. Mayhap they do not care about the big dog protecting our rights!

There are ranges here that are the same way. The membership requirement is usually tied to insurance. If they aren't using the NRA for range insurance then they don't have the requirement. Would be nice if they all did but it is what it is.

jcwit
12-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Agreed!

historicfirearms
12-11-2016, 10:09 AM
I stopped by there a couple years ago. It was a nice summer weekend and no one was around which I thought was odd. I tried calling for information twice and never got a return call. While I was there I saw a few pieces of 7mm mag brass on the ground. They had flattened and pierced primers. That's about all i can tell you about it. Oh, there is another shooting range in Lake City. It is the Missaukee Sportsman's Club. Nice people there too.