PDA

View Full Version : Auto-save, is my Post lost?

okshooter
12-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Last evening I typed a post to put on Muzzleloading. While prepping it, it was autosaved several times but when I went to submit, my internet provider went south. Is it lost or on here somewhere I can retrieve it and get it posted?

No_1
12-08-2016, 07:38 PM
It's gone.

Robert

okshooter
12-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Thanks Robert I will have to redo.

Murphy
12-09-2016, 07:27 AM
okshooter,

Howdy. from the lower 40 of S.E. Oklahoma (Idabel). After having had the same thing happen to a few of my long posts, I learned to highlight & copy my post before pressing ENTER. Hope this is of some use to you.

Murphy

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Last evening I typed a post to put on Muzzleloading. While prepping it, it was autosaved several times but when I went to submit, my internet provider went south. Is it lost or on here somewhere I can retrieve it and get it posted?

It may not be gone.
Although if you've posted other things since then, it's probably gone.

I can't count the number of times I fat finger two keys at once, and my browser closes....I seemingly lose whatever I was doing.
I re-open the browser, go back into castboolits...and into whatever I was doing/composing at the time of lose, then look for the "restore auto saved content" icon in lower left corner. Everytime but once, my typing was saved...the one time it wasn't, and this just happened recently, I was replying to a PM, and remained in "quick reply" and never clicked on "advanced"...I don't think the auto-save function "kicks in", til you click advanced reply.

edited: OK, I just did a test, and "auto-save" does work in "quick reply"