PDA

View Full Version : New "Baby"

Yance
06-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Can't shoot cast, just swaged boolits.

Just picked this one up yesterday. M 34-1, mid 70's production. 98% or thereabouts.http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/Yance_2006/Smiths/Baby.jpg

Vly
06-19-2008, 12:29 PM
I got one just like it. The paperwork is long gone but I have the blue box like yours. It is a fine shooter with a sweet trigger pull.

Nice score! You will enjoy that one.

Bret4207
06-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Have one too, handiest things since sliced bread. Mine seems to shoot about anything available into the same 2" group at 50 feet. Pretty sure that means the guy driving it can't see too well! HAR!

Bass Ackward
06-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Yea, I had one of those. Sweetest little package that broke my heart I ever had.

Put that puppy in a Ransom Rest and it would just eat out a hole. Take it out and you would think I had a shotgun in my hands. Finally stepped up to the K- Frame 17 and 18 models and was back in business.

The problem for me, was the grip size on a light weight gun. Back then, you didn't have replacement grip options options like there are today. :grin:

Yance
06-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Yea, I had one of those. Sweetest little package that broke my heart I ever had.

Put that puppy in a Ransom Rest and it would just eat out a hole. Take it out and you would think I had a shotgun in my hands. Finally stepped up to the K- Frame 17 and 18 models and was back in business.

The problem for me, was the grip size on a light weight gun. Back then, you didn't have replacement grip options options like there are today. :grin:

I never cared for the Magna service stocks on Smiths anyway but still have them on one of my 28's and my M-10 HB.

I do have a set of Pachmyer Presentation grips for this one when I finally get time to shoot it a bit.

Bret4207
06-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Mine wears a set of round butt Mustang rubber grips. Oddly, I shoot it much better in a classic one handed off hand stance than in my normal 2 handed Weaver stance. I think that's an eye sight issue since the same thing is true of my Ruger 22/45 and FIL's Hi Standard Supermatic,