PDA

View Full Version : Why I buy RCBS

10-x
06-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Way back about 74 I bought most of my reloading equipment. Scale was a RCBS scale that has no numbers but I guess its a 5-10 made by Ohaus.
A few months ago I pulled it out of storage to set up again. Scale would not balance or zero.
I called RCBS , the customer service lady gave me a repair number and Ohaus's address to send it back for repair or replacement.
I sent it off and kinda forgot about it. About 3 weeks later the scale was returned like new!
Now thats customer service!:drinks:

NVcurmudgeon
06-18-2008, 11:56 PM
Way back about 74 I bought most of my reloading equipment. Scale was a RCBS scale that has no numbers but I guess its a 5-10 made by Ohaus.
A few months ago I pulled it out of storage to set up again. Scale would not balance or zero.
I called RCBS , the customer service lady gave me a repair number and Ohaus's address to send it back for repair or replacement.
I sent it off and kinda forgot about it. About 3 weeks later the scale was returned like new!
Now thats customer service!:drinks:

I could go on all night about 40+ years of unreasonable blessings I have received from RCBS, but I'll tell just one. I DROPPED my vintage 1973 5-10 and confessed. They STILL stood behind it 100%.

Nardoo
06-19-2008, 03:10 AM
I have just received a free package from RCBS today - a new toggle block. The original toggle block on my RS1 press broke doing something it was never designed for (I am too embarrassed to say what) and although I had it welded up it never worked very well.
I fessed up to RCBS and they sent me a new one free - and I live in Australia!

Now that is what I call customer service. :-D

Nardoo

3006guns
06-19-2008, 08:07 AM
I called RCBS simply to order a replacement seating punch for their ram prime unit, which I had "crunched" due to stupidity on my part. The lovely lady would NOT let me pay for it even though I insisted the damage was my fault. Considering they replaced it and paid the shipping, I was impressed!:-D

Dale53
06-19-2008, 09:58 AM
3006guns;

>>>I had "crunched" due to stupidity on my part<<<.

In the same week I did the same thing to a minor part of an RCBS Swager and a Lyman sizing die. Both companies sent me replacement parts at no charge EVEN THO' I TOLD THEM IT WAS MY FAULT!!

These are both great companies and Dillon is also right up there with the best!

We are fortunate. A couple of weeks ago I had a Sears Craftsman staple gun fail after less than two boxes of staples. They wouldn't replace it and were not even nice about it. Sears is no longer the company that it used to be.

Needless to say, I bought the new stapler from Lowe's.

Dale53

jonk
06-19-2008, 10:33 AM
I had their digital scale break. They refused to replace it and charged me $100 to replace the guts. Their warranty doesn't cover their electronic stuff, they said.

Since then I've refused to buy from them.

Tom W.
06-19-2008, 10:45 AM
I've blown gaskets on my RCBS lubrisizer many times, bent the pressure handle once, and on two different dies I managed to break the decapping pins and the rods that were in the dies, and not once have I been charged for replacements. I think they already have my name and address in their computer system.