PDA

View Full Version : I am still at it!

44man
12-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Took Carol for her colonoscopy this morning. I told everyone in the hospital women need it done more often. They asked why.
I said only times I can tell the wife she is not full of s***!
Nurses laughed so hard they screeched. I do have fun. OH, I did THE LOOK from Carol. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

jeepyj
12-05-2016, 03:28 PM
More of a daring man than me. That's for darn sure. I will admit it is funny though...

44man
12-05-2016, 04:02 PM
We have a great hospital, run by WVU. The people are just the best. The care is unreal and but they still can't get over my joking. They never know what to expect from me.
To lighten their day makes me feel good.
Carol is fine and will soon be full of s*** again. I have not seen the frying pan yet!

DougGuy
12-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Don't you know the first rule about using a skillet? NEVER strike from the front! You won't see it coming and won't know what hit you! 2 telltale signs that the swinger of said skillet studied up on her technique!

I recently presented the daugher of my welding student her first piece of cast iron for her "coming of age" at her eighteenth birthday party. A bit of the presentation was directed at keeping errant boyfriends on the straight and narrow, and proper technique was bestowed upon her, something they don't print in the directions for the Lodge 12" Cast Iron Griddle.

shaper
12-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Not all the money in the bank would convince me to say that to my wife. I know where the frying pan is, and she has others.

Blackwater
12-05-2016, 06:34 PM
44man! You must not be married to a redhead!?!? I'd probably get laid out for saying something like that ..... even if it IS true sometimes! :mrgreen:

Thumbcocker
12-05-2016, 09:22 PM
When I had my colonoscopy I asked the doctor for a letter on his stationary telling Mrs. Thumbcocker that he did not find my head.

phonejack
12-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Doc asked me if I wanted him to place the monitor where I could watch. NOOOOOO!

xs11jack
12-05-2016, 11:35 PM
44man, you just have to learn not to make your wife the 'butt' of your jokes. Am glad she is doing fine.
Ole Jack

Bzcraig
12-06-2016, 12:11 AM
I say stuff like that all the time, wife just shakes her head and says, he's an idiot. Buddy's wife breaks wrist playing sotball years ago, goes to ER and doc says it's shattered and needs surgery. Buddy asks, "is it going to be expensive?" doc says well it won't be cheap. Buddy says "well how much to put her down?" Doc sees no humor, wife just shakes her head. A wife with a sense of humor is a wonderful gift!

edler7
12-06-2016, 01:53 AM
If I had pulled that, I would have had an emergency colonoscopy to remove my wife's shoe...with her foot still in it !

xs11jack
12-06-2016, 08:59 PM
I just haven't gotten used to sleeping on a cold garage floor in day old clothes, or 2 day old clothes or 3 day old clothes. I learned real early in our marriage.
Ole Jack

44man
12-07-2016, 11:51 AM
I forgot to tell them since they fixed my eyes, they should remove mirrors so I don't see the scary old bastard looking back at me.
Carol can take it and told her family what I said, they said (He didn't.) But they cracked up too. She is the BUTT of jokes!
I have a good woman.

Echo
12-07-2016, 12:33 PM
44man, you just have to learn not to make your wife the 'butt' of your jokes. Am glad she is doing fine.
Ole Jack
For Shame...

mold maker
12-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Having been through the procedure several times, I can say without a doubt it is the most dehumanizing thing we're ask to endure as a purely diagnostic issue.
I feel for, and am embarrassed for, anyone anticipating it.
It is basiclly without pain, takes little time, and leaves no lasting side effects, but is the most dreaded thing I've done, especially the prep.
Give Carol a hug and tell her she's earned a dinner out on the town. Having to put up with your humor and the procedure is too much without a reward.

44man
12-07-2016, 01:35 PM
To bring laughter and love is my way. The hard workers at the hospital also need it. A lady was cleaning the other side of the room and apologized to disturb us. I told her not, your important and a fine person. Loneliness is worse.
Carol does not see me and how quick to tears I am. I hide it and a wounded warrior or a casket of a soldier taken from a plane would choke me.

Preacher Jim
12-08-2016, 05:45 PM
44 man look out you may have a 10 on your forehead from the bottom of the skillet

Half Dog
12-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Ya'll...please...I can't stop laughing.

Hogtamer
12-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Mold maker, you apparently have never had an enema administered by a cute little 20 something blond. You are at least in twilight land with the colonoscopy.

mold maker
12-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Nope,,,, can't say I have and doubt if at 74 it would have any ill effects. I just can't get accustomed to having young ladies handle the private areas. Kidney stones were an illuminating experience.
Would probably cause some interesting conversation though.

DLCTEX
12-12-2016, 01:16 AM
Worse is a Barium ennama! It was administered by two cute young ladies. No self esteem left.

blackthorn
12-12-2016, 02:33 PM
I hate any invasive medical test! Sometimes they are necessary! SO---I just look in the mirror and say "Suck it up buddy!" The people administering the tests are professionals (no matter their age or how cute/ugly they are)! And they likely don't like it any more than I do. Humor likely helps, so go for it!

44man
12-12-2016, 03:16 PM
They don't expect humor from anyone. Likely they never do. But they are doing hard, stinky work to help you. You have to know how they appreciate humor and thanks. What a wonderful bunch.

DougGuy
12-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Glad you are still with us ol' buddy! (the thought of that #10 on your forehead was a brow raiser..)

I wound up in Lee Memorial in KC once for a few days, they couldn't figure out what was wrong and they were trying every test they could stick the ins. co. for and I wasn't getting any better. They kept me ratted out on demerol and by the time they decided I needed a colonoscopy, I was in quite the moody state.. They wheeled me in there, I see this big long snake coiled up over there, and this big boned blonde nurse says "Well, what are we in for today?" Like she didn't know already.. Stupid me snaps back at her "Read the F*king chart!" Ohhhhh NO. I learned a little while later, you do NOT smarta$$ a woman who's fixing to have your backside ALL to herself!

They roll in a tv dinner tray full of loaded syringes and two of 'em start shooting me in both arms, the last thing I remember was "Greta" and her minions filing in, dressed head to toe in rubber suits, big black rubber gloves, and as I drifted off I was saying to myself "Ohhhhhhhhh hell what have I done?" :(