PDA

View Full Version : In the begining .

Boaz
12-05-2016, 07:06 AM
This verse is found early on in the first book of the Old Testament . It can seem out of place if you start reading the bible from the beginning . What does it mean ?
Genesis 3;15

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

What does it refer to ?

rl69
12-05-2016, 08:04 AM
LOL
I won't give it away but the answer is in today's thought and meditation

Boaz
12-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Well I'll be ! Danged if it ain't ! Wonder how that happened ?

rl69
12-05-2016, 08:28 AM
You must have got the memo lol

Boaz
12-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Looks like it !

USMC87
12-05-2016, 08:43 AM
But if they read this post first they may have to ponder on it a while.

Boaz
12-05-2016, 08:53 AM
But if they read this post first they may have to ponder on it a while.

Hopefully so ? It's worth looking into .

GhostHawk
12-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Pretty sure I know the answer but I do not want to give it away.

Happened in the Garden. There were four there, Adam, Eve, The Lord God Almighty.

Your answer is the 4th entity.

Boaz
12-05-2016, 10:09 AM
lol , heck GhostHawk I put it up so someone can......give it away!

Pine Baron
12-05-2016, 11:31 AM
And so the battle began.

Bzcraig
12-05-2016, 08:04 PM
OK guys listen closely........I have always told my wife it was all Eve's fault and after 30 some years she might be buying it but if I let her read this post she will figure it out and I'll be in big trouble! Purple font should've been used.

Boaz
12-05-2016, 08:41 PM
ok , I'm a little disappointed no one just stepped up and blurted it out although some were right . Talks cheap and questions are a dime a dozen .
Our teachers in school told us to ask questions . Wrong answers are not wrong just need more info to arrive at the right answer . Kind of like a question ......right ? The dumb people never ask , might make them look dumb ?......................WRONG!

I hate at bible study now everyone punching buttons on their cell phone , silence ...dang it !
I miss hearing the sound of pages turning in their bibles .............searching for answers . I have misquoted , wrong verse , stuck my foot in my mouth it's a wonder I can still talk .

But I'll still talk because I want to learn about my GOD . I have constantly said I'm not too bright and that is true but I'm not through searching and thinking . Give me a hand here . I have asked for little .
I have been assumed or called a preacher or teacher . I am neither . I am only a layman searching . I try to encourage on my way . I am no one . I hope you are searching .

Genesis 3;15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Does Matthew 1;20 confirm this ?
But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

GhostHawk
12-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Genesis 3 starts I believe with " Now the Serpent was more subtile than any beast of the field the LORD hath made. I believe tis the same serpent that was quoted that their shall emnity be between.

But I am just a simple country boy who partied his way out of University in less than a year.

Well read perhaps, or perhaps more accurately described as "widely read".
I do however need to spend more time in my bible.