PDA

View Full Version : Mixing colors

NoAngel
12-04-2016, 03:35 PM
This may be old hat to some and blatantly obvious to others, but just swirling two colors don't exactly mix them into a new color do it?:-?

I snagged this from Amazon for $12 with free shipping. Thought about making one but I wouldn't chuck a piece metal for $12, let alone actually take the time to turn it.
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd371/Reloadingfool/IMG_1218_zpsunnptmep.jpg

This works in just seconds and does a really good job of mixing. I wanted to do this not so much to get different colors but to add colors that don't tumble well with ones that do. Color means nothing but making my stuff work better and go further DOES.

Try it!

rockshooter
12-05-2016, 01:41 AM
mixing 2 colors makes them stick better, in my opinion. I use Smokes bacon grease (light yellow) as a base and mix up lots of interesting colors. HF red + bacon grease (half/half) makes a nice oatmeal. Bacon grease + blue=- turquoise. I like the mottled effect that I get because the colors don't exactly mix.

Walter Laich
12-05-2016, 11:23 AM
good to know this
I just add a different color each time I need to add more powder. Can go from speckled black to brown over 500 bullets.

Do it mostly because I can, that and have some colors I'm ready to be done with.

Grmps
12-22-2016, 05:05 PM
I mixed some Cardinal polyester TGIC gloss smooth white with HF red and again with HF black to try and get them to stick better, the mixed powder in the bowls looked pink and grey BUT the bullets were white after tumbling -w- black BB's for 3 min with a hint of black or red on them:???:. This Cardinal PC just jumps onto the lead.