PDA

View Full Version : So you guys want a cow killin' story

beagle
12-03-2016, 10:20 PM
After I moved to the neighborhood and people found out that I liked guns, I became the neighborhood cow killer for those that lacked the weaponry. Got a call one morning from a fellow in our church and he asked if I could kill a cow for him. It was down and the dead wagon wouldn't take 'em if alive. I grabbed my M1894 Marlin and some deep seated 358429 loads for it and headed over to meet him. He was out feeding so he finished up and we headed to his place. He told me he'd called another guy but he'd had a doctor's appointment and couldn't come until that afternoon. The old cow was down in mud about a foot deep around a corner. I walked around as I was wearing boots and popped her in back of the head and she flinched a little I thought. I said to myself, give her a couple more just to be sure and I did. He said he'd drag her out to the road later. He and I rode up to the local hangout and went in and were talking and the owner said," I went up there and killed that cow for you this morning". We both cracked up as we'd come along about an hour later and shot her again. I told the owner that those steers in the pen sure acted spooky when I shot the old cow. I can just hear 'em now. "Fred, don't you dare slip and go down or these guys will come along and kill you twice"./beagle

MT Gianni
12-04-2016, 12:09 AM
Great story of life in the sticks, most of us wouldn't have it any other way.

runfiverun
12-04-2016, 01:05 AM
I just heard my dead FIL's voice. [and had a good chuckle]
you gonna kill that or just shoot it full of holes?

talking about the time my buddy tried some Remington 125's in the 357, before getting disgusted and fetching my 41 from the truck.