PDA

View Full Version : old coww ?

Mitch
11-25-2016, 06:34 PM
today I got about 40lbs of cow.I broke my rule of not buying ww.I have not been to this scrapyard in a year or so.They keep everything in a 4x4 wood box.I looked in the box and on top there were a bunch of cow with very rusty clips.got looking and I didn't see abut a few steel so I loaded them in a bucket.I got home hand sorted them found only a few steel and one zincer.there were a few newer but nost were old.Now here is my real question I found a few that were made for a different style rim.They seem to be reversed and have a longer clip.Are these a blast from the past say 1930 or oldes or just some oddball.i kept the ones I found Niped a few of them with dike but have a few I didn't nip.

Over all it was a good day I got some sheet and and old gig sheath from a phone line.I took the sheet with solder joints lol.all total 240 lbs for $200 not geat but for around here ok.now I setting here relaxing got 85% of it all smelted and clean.I had some other cow so I ened up with 119 lbs of cow and 143lbs of the sheet and sheathing.If it were nto for Christmas shopping I would have got more lead!