View Full Version : Powder coat warning

DEC505
11-24-2016, 11:16 PM
When moving a tupperware bowl full of black BB's,boolits,and powder coat from one side of the bench to the other with out the lid on, DO NOT bump into handle of your press.

Oh my,what a mess. Am now the proud owner of a John Deere green floor,bench,jeans ETC...

You have been warned. :roll:

Bzcraig
11-24-2016, 11:32 PM
Now that is funny..........

country gent
11-24-2016, 11:34 PM
On tractors and farm equipment that John Deere green sells for a premium. I wouldnt be spilling much of it.

runfiverun
11-24-2016, 11:41 PM
it tends to add about 40% to the cost of anything it covers so I think you done good.

Bama
11-25-2016, 02:06 AM
Vacuum cleaner works on john deer green but a strong one will pick up bullets and everything else! If you see what looks like a vertical scratch on the side of the container it probably is a crack that will let go real sudden like!!

OS OK
11-25-2016, 09:36 AM
Sounds like you now have a permanent reminder...to be more careful...huh?

At least you like the color...I hope!

sundog
11-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Green is groovy!

dverna
11-25-2016, 12:35 PM
I am a klutz....so another reason not to powder coat. My shop floor is laminate so making a huge mess would really tick me off. And tracking any of that stuff into the house would be bad...very very bad.

Don Verna

RP
11-26-2016, 12:40 AM
Think that's bad try spilling melted wax on the carpet lets say its not any fun.

gpidaho
11-26-2016, 12:51 AM
Hot lead spilled on the patio won't get you many points around the house either! Gp

SierraHunter
11-26-2016, 01:31 AM
I was doing a few 130gn layman's the other day, while watching a movie with the wife. Yep, lid pops off, and bullets, bbs and red PC all over the couch and carpet. I really don't know why my wife doesn't get mad about that kind of stuff. I am very blessed I suppose.

OS OK
11-26-2016, 02:38 AM
I was doing a few 130gn layman's the other day, while watching a movie with the wife. Yep, lid pops off, and bullets, bbs and red PC all over the couch and carpet. I really don't know why my wife doesn't get mad about that kind of stuff. I am very blessed I suppose.

She must love her old dog...doesn't want to kick it over a little mess on the carpet...:bigsmyl2:

SierraHunter
11-26-2016, 02:50 AM
She must love her old dog...doesn't want to kick it over a little mess on the carpet...:bigsmyl2:
I got lucky finding her. Been together 6 years, will be married 2 years in May.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Traffer
11-26-2016, 02:54 AM
Now just turn up the heat in the room to about 400 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes and have a nice permanent protective coating on everything.

OS OK
11-26-2016, 02:57 AM

Enjoy every minute and cherish every memory because when your hooked up to a girl like that you'll turn around one day and all of the sudden your celebrating 40 years together! Time never flies faster than when your having fun!

Mytmousemalibu
11-26-2016, 03:13 AM
As an adult, the worst mess I recall doing wasn't all that messy per say, stinky yes. I knocked over a big bottle of Hoppes #9 onto the carpet. Mess wasn't all that bad but the stench was long lasting. Perhaps why I can't stand that stuff anymore. Ed's Red for me.

I know as a young kiddo I made a pretty awful mess that I very vaguely recall doing. I got up at the crack of 2:30-3:00 AM one night, hungry. I decided to "cook" something. I drug a stool to the pantry, and got to the supplies. I think I recall what my mother claimed me doing. I dumped a pound of flour on the kitchen floor, poured most of a large bottle of expensive real vanilla bean extract onto this and topped with an entire bottle of balsamic vinegar! The smell alone is what woke my mother....
Boy was she NOT amused! And deservingly, she tanned my hide! It's still pretty funny today but back then... not so much!

SierraHunter
11-26-2016, 03:16 AM
As an adult, the worst mess I recall doing wasn't all that messy per say, stinky yes. I knocked over a big bottle of Hoppes #9 onto the carpet. Mess wasn't all that bad but the stench was long lasting. Perhaps why I can't stand that stuff anymore. Ed's Red for me.

I know as a young kiddo I made a pretty awful mess that I very vaguely recall doing. I got up at the crack of 2:30-3:00 AM one night, hungry. I decided to "cook" something. I drug a stool to the pantry, and got to the supplies. I think I recall what my mother claimed me doing. I dumped a pound of flour on the kitchen floor, poured most of a large bottle of expensive real vanilla bean extract onto this and topped with an entire bottle of balsamic vinegar! The smell alone is what woke my mother....
Boy was she NOT amused! And deservingly, she tanned my hide! It's still pretty funny today but back then... not so much!
I personally love the smell of Hoppies. But my wife can't stand it. If I'm cleaning guns, she will find another room to go be in. If I spilled that on the carpet, that might be the end of life as I know it.

swheeler
11-26-2016, 04:35 PM
If your press wasn't RCBS it is now!:groner:

RP
11-26-2016, 11:11 PM
Oh BTW don't put any spilled powder in the ashtray the wife really don't care for that at all.

Javater
11-27-2016, 05:25 PM
should have taken a picture

DEC505
11-27-2016, 06:13 PM

SierraHunter I too am blessed. Been married to my wife for 43 years. She just shook her head when she saw the mess and laughed .

woodsxdragon
11-27-2016, 08:19 PM
I feel your pain. I was cooking walnuts to make dye a few weeks ago and had the jar lid off getting ready to pour more in. I don't know how I did but I spilled a quart of dye on the garage floor. The concrete is a brown-gray shade now and I'm out a walnuts. I'm gonna soak the hulls longer and see if I can pull more out.