PDA

View Full Version : Powder coated lee-356-125-2R chambered into rifling too tight

bigjake
11-24-2016, 10:49 AM
I hope everyone has a relaxing Thanksgiving today.

I powder coated these 9mm boolits and pressed them into their cases. they looked great but when I chambered them, the darn things got stuck in the rifling. If I seat them till only the taper shows, then the round will be too short and seated way into the case which is also a problem.
I'm sure they will fire but will this cause excessive pressure to develop? I coated a slew of them. Next time I will coat the TL design.

thanks

garym1a2
11-24-2016, 11:06 AM
I had problems like this with my glocks with aftermarket barrels. I end up only powder coating the 120grTC bullet for 9mm and the 180gr tc for 40.
All the 9mm, 125gr rnd nose I have worked fine with my Bertta cx4 storm.
I hope everyone has a relaxing Thanksgiving today.

I powder coated these 9mm boolits and pressed them into their cases. they looked great but when I chambered them, the darn things got stuck in the rifling. If I seat them till only the taper shows, then the round will be too short and seated way into the case which is also a problem.
I'm sure they will fire but will this cause excessive pressure to develop? I coated a slew of them. Next time I will coat the TL design.

thanks

OS OK
11-24-2016, 11:51 AM
You don't give much in details on how you made them and PC'd...did you size them or just...what?

Bzcraig
11-24-2016, 12:18 PM
Like OS OK said we could use more info but to answer your question, yes you may very well develop an over pressure. The problem is not the PC. What did your barrel slug to? I have a Kahr in 9mm that slugs at .355. You may just have a tight throat which is fixable.

bigjake
11-24-2016, 05:12 PM
I figured out what I am going to do; I'm going to seat the boolits deeper with less powder pushing them. I tested the load and checked for pressure signs.
thanks for your replies.