PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

jjarrell
11-23-2016, 06:29 PM
I want to wish all of you here a very Happy Thanksgiving. May it be filled with great food, joy, love, laughter, friends, and family. I myself am leaving Friday for southeast Ohio headed to deer camp with my son, and a good hunting buddy. I've been going there for for 20 years now. Cell phones don't even reach where we're going. We will be close to the Ohio, West Virginia state line running the Appalachians with our Hawken rifles until December 4th. Hunting in Gods country. It's long overdue. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

buckwheatpaul
11-23-2016, 09:16 PM
A happy Thanksgiving and good hunting to you, jjarrell as well as your son and friend.

Sasquatch-1
11-24-2016, 09:26 AM
The same and may your Holiday season be great.

waarp8nt
11-24-2016, 12:16 PM
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hunting to all of you and your families!

Harleysboss
11-24-2016, 01:34 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! Good Luck with the hunt. Be sure to drive to a town on Saturday for "The"Ohio State vs *ichigan game! GO BUCKS! (hope you get a Buck) :)

johnson1942
11-24-2016, 03:46 PM
their is no price on memories and good times. enjoy your sons company. i just got back in the house. my grand son just went through about 300 rounds of cowboy rounds in my two cowboy revolvers. i loaded and he shot and shot. he kept the spinner spinning. we are doing more this afternoon.

oldracer
11-24-2016, 09:09 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all those who shoot "real rifles" and especially to Roger also know as johnson1942 as I am lucky enough to have one of his beautiful hand made rifles. I usually pull it out for the match we have when I want to win as it is the most accurate off hand shooter I have. I remember a holiday when I was on the CVA(N) 65 off the coast of India/Pakistan when they were fighting and we covered the air lift of the civilians. We had instant mashed potatoes, frozen steaks, frozen strawberries and powdered eggs for nearly 3 weeks but it was a pretty good Thanksgiving dinner for sure! This was in 1972 or something, no Diego Garcia back then!

johnson1942
11-25-2016, 02:27 PM
thanks, glad to hear that gun shoots so well.