PDA

View Full Version : Another Master Caster Question

Ken 45LC
06-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I've been reading all the info here (thank you) about these, and have one more question for those that use them. Do you weigh very many of the bullets made, and is there much deviation in the weight?

At the moment I cast using a bottom pour funace, and try to keep it within a 3% weight deviation. Anything above or below the norm gets returned to the pot. If the master caster throws identical weight bullets, then that would relieve me from weighing all those bullets that I hand cast.

If I do decide to order one, what accesories do you suggest I purchase with it?

Thank you for your time, and for all the info I've been able find here.

Ken

runfiverun
06-17-2008, 02:16 PM
the only accesory i can think of is the fan.
other than that all you need are molds that fit it.

it is the same as other casting how you operate it and set it up will determine your outcome.

Ken 45LC
06-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I saw that Magma has a digital temp control unit for it. I wasn't sure it was worth getting for it or not. Seems a little pricey, and heck I could almost get the star sizer what they want for it, and I guess that's if I install it.

Thanks for your help.

runfiverun
06-17-2008, 11:43 PM
and a 20.00 thermo from midway, then make marks on the control.
get the star, the air cylinder is nice.and the heater if you want to use any harder lubes.
i also use the boolit feed for alot of my pistol stuff ,with a bunch of those tubes you can size a bunch of boolits quickly.