PDA

View Full Version : Another meat day

44man
11-23-2016, 10:20 AM
We seen nothing in the morning so I decided to go to another stand that evening. It is at the top of a valley. I fell asleep for a spell, woke up to see a deer down in the valley run to the left. I looked back and seen more. Thick as the devil.
I had switched guns to the .500 JRH, BFR. I turned the dot on and watched them. They were coming back to the right. When they got into fairly open they started to trot. I was out of position that way but got ahead of the lead doe and shot. I got clocked by the Ultra Dot on my left eyebrow but just a tap. She dropped and the rest ran back towards my friend Don. He is far away. I watched for a time and she kept waving her head. I got down and had to cut her. I hit the spine just above and forward of the shoulder. I paced it at 50 yards.
Now I have a dilemma, she is at the bottom and is a HOG. As I gutted I heard Don shoot, 1-2-3-4-5-6 times. SBH Hunter. I left to walk to my Polaris and go see. I met him dragging a little deer up the path. The deer ran in and he kept shooting and missing, chopping branches off. Last shot hit. He was excited and painted the deer. We loaded his and went to drag mine up the hill. I was able to drive closer.
Now I have 2 deer to cut. 181308

Electric88
11-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Congrats! I'm definitely jealous!

tdoyka
11-23-2016, 04:43 PM
congrats!!!

44man
11-24-2016, 09:32 AM
I got Don into the revolver when I let him use my SBH a few seasons back. He shot a nice deer with the first shot. He was always using his 270 and ruining tons of meat. I told him to leave the rifle home, gave him a shoulder holster and my SBH. He went and bought a SBH Hunter and uses my loads. I cast and he loads his own here. The Hunter shoots impressive groups at 50 yards. Ultra Dot on it. He loves my 330 gr WLN.
My doe was large and I could not drag to the garage. I had to use a rope to my Polaris to get her there. She is in the freezer now. Still have to do the buck.