PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

Dpmsman
11-20-2016, 09:48 AM
I ordered a 38 HBWC mold from mihec some time ago and he sent me a 45-200 4 cavity mold by mistake. When I received the 38 mold I asked him what I should do with the 45-200 mold? He replied " can you sell it for me ". So I asked him how did he want me to do that? Asking him how much does he want for the mold? How did he want to handle the shipping cost and payment? To this he answered hmmmm not sure just keep the mold and put it to good use. This sounds great but I have one small problem and one main one. Small problem is I already have this mold. The larger problem is that I sighed up for the H&G #68 mold and he won't send me the payment email. I said I would try to sell the mold on the S&S for $156 and send him what was left after shipping cost was taken out but I get no response from him. Any suggestions?

Thanks

dverna
11-20-2016, 11:08 AM
I had problems with getting email responses from him as well. It took about 8 months to sort out my last mold purchase from him. But he sent me two molds plus a set of mold handles so I was floored by his effort to make things not just right...but more than right. He is a good guy in my books.

He is very busy so give him some more time. Send him an updated email every couple of weeks.

His molds are very good and I can live with the occasional hiccups common with a small shop.

If you feel he has "blacklisted" you, which I sincerely doubt, have a buddy order the mold you want for you.

Again, he is normally excellent...so patience grasshopper.

Don Verna

runfiverun
11-20-2016, 12:00 PM
your dealing with a one man band and a 2 year waiting list.
he doesn't have a lot of time to communicate back and forth since that takes away from his time elsewhere in the shop.
myself I would just sell the second mold and send him the money with a note in the envelope.
the worst that happens at that point is you both done the right thing and your not out anything and neither is he.

Dpmsman
11-20-2016, 01:58 PM
I do understand mistakes happen and I just want to make it right. I will just sell the mold and send him the money. I haven't dealt with him a lot but when I did he would get back to me within a day. Just wanted to hear from others that have dealt with him more. Thanks

lefty o
11-20-2016, 02:01 PM
mistakes happen, but it was on his part so he should accept return of the wrong part, and make getting you what you ordered a priority. asking you to try and sell the wrong one for him is just plain wrong IMO.

nvbirdman
11-20-2016, 02:46 PM
To accept the mould back (shipping at his expense) and return it to his inventory just does not make good business sense. He tells you "Sell it, and send me whatever amount you got for it.", he may lose a few bucks but he has saved time, and time is money.

runfiverun
11-20-2016, 08:22 PM
getting a mold in to many European/south American country's is a lesson in red tape maneuvering of the highest order.

lefty o
11-20-2016, 08:39 PM
To accept the mould back (shipping at his expense) and return it to his inventory just does not make good business sense. He tells you "Sell it, and send me whatever amount you got for it.", he may lose a few bucks but he has saved time, and time is money.
and put the burden on the customer, bad business.

dragon813gt
11-20-2016, 08:48 PM
and put the burden on the customer, bad business.

I can only imagine the customs nightmare if you ship it back to him. It could be seized and then no one gets any money. If he was in the US I would agree w/ you completely. He has put the burden on the customer. But in the end all he has to do is list it here and wait about a day. His molds typically sell quickly.

Dpmsman
11-20-2016, 10:58 PM
Well I put it up on the S&S so I hope it sells quickly