PDA

View Full Version : Content of WW find

Mitch
11-19-2016, 06:08 PM
I hand sort and pinch with dikes everything that looks like lead.

COWW 88
SOWW 23
STEEL 31
ZINC 7
composit/plastic ect.11

So another batch of WW are sorted and ready for melting.This batch was a bit different.There was about 10lbs of SOWW that were new in the bottom of one bucket.After checking it out the paper on the back would not come off to expose the stickie stuff so they hit the scrap bucket.I usualy do not find many ZN weights but this time a few more than I normaly do.Hope this is some usefull info for some fellow lead Hunters. Happy hunting may all your lead be free

Skunk1
11-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Is that in lbs or pieces. I find very little plastic and a little more steel than soww. My last bucket was about 20% steel and 15% soww.

CastingFool
11-19-2016, 07:36 PM
When I find soww, old, used, new, all goes into the melting pot. I wear a respirator when melting lead. it filters everything out, you don't even smell the smoke from the sawdust.

Mitch
11-19-2016, 08:04 PM
Sorry I didnt say did I.It is Lbs.This is the most plasic I have ever seen but still not a lot.this came in 2 bucket from the same shop.and the 2 were were a bit different in what was in there.But then it seems to be all over the place no matter where I get them from.i suspect it is all luch of the draw on what makes of vehicle the shopes are workin on at the time.