PDA

View Full Version : Matthew 17;24-26

Boaz
11-18-2016, 08:16 AM
24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?
25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?
26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

Pine Baron
11-18-2016, 09:54 AM
We are God's children.

buckwheatpaul
11-18-2016, 02:59 PM
A good point....we are all children of God and it is our free choice that determines which path we walk and ultimately if we go to Heaven or hell.....thanks for the post.....I will pay my taxes, certainly not a tribute, but praise God for all that He has done for myself, my better half, our children, and our family and friends.....Paul

rl69
11-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Thank you boaz I just saw some things that I have missed before

Jesues called Peter Simon that usually not a good thing

Which leads me to believe Peter lied, and is being scolded, and explained to why He hasn't paid a tax. Also when he sends Peter down to get the tax money for Him and Peter. it shows us that all we receive, is from God

Boaz
11-18-2016, 07:51 PM
rl69 you noticed a difference in the way Jesus 'greeted' Peter (a flag goes up) but did you notice Jesus also prevented him from entering the house ? You are correct with Jesus making a point by calling him ..Simon . He knew 'Simon's) every thought , Jesus is part of the trinity .

rl69
11-18-2016, 08:08 PM
I did. the way I took it Jesus met him at the door, and talked with him alone.

Boaz
11-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Why ? (hint , he is not scolded but taught )

rl69
11-18-2016, 08:57 PM
I don't see it. I think you are trying to point me to only the children of God will enter His house, but I don't see it in this passage ?

Boaz
11-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Nope . Pretty good thinking though . What did he say next ?

Boaz
11-18-2016, 09:38 PM
Thinking and seeking is key . His message will become clear.... to each of us . Reading his word is key . Thought/prayer is understanding . He will reveal his message to us individually but as a whole . Take it /leave it ? Choice .He wants a personal relationship . Yea , that's some figuring out . Praise him .

rl69
11-18-2016, 09:40 PM
i think I see what you are saying I'm just not sur how to say it.

The children of God don't have to pay for there sins

Boaz
11-18-2016, 10:11 PM
Lets think ....why did they not ask Jesus to pay the tribute directly ? Why ask a follower ? The publicans required a fee to Worship /teach . The request was small . Jesus was too much to ask . He had performed miracles , he was feared by the church , been passive , teaches love , tolerance , forgiveness , and many other right things . They were afraid of him and the threat he offered to ...'the church' that controlled the people . He threatened the established order .

Boaz
11-18-2016, 10:34 PM
There is no reply from 'Simon" in the text . Recon he had to think about it ? There is not one answer .