PDA

View Full Version : I think I stole it.

aspangler
11-17-2016, 10:33 PM
I was at the gunsmith's tonite when a mutual friend walked in with a CVA 1861 Navy Colt replica still in the box and UNFIRED! It had a few fingerprints on the brass that buffed out nicely. Otherwise it was pristine. It had never even been loaded. He said that a buddy had it and his father had bought it new and had just put it up in the closet and left it there. I asked him if he wanted to sell it and he said yes. Asked "How much", His reply "Is a hundred too much?"
To make a long story short it is now mine. 36 cal. and never even loaded for $100. How lucky can I get?

waarp8nt
11-17-2016, 11:06 PM
I think you done very well!

Bzcraig
11-17-2016, 11:51 PM
The least you could've done was put a mask on you thief!

Omnivore
11-18-2016, 04:47 AM
Nice! The '61 Navy is a gem. Not so common as most of the other Colts, but one of the best, and prettiest, of the open tops.

pietro
11-21-2016, 12:17 PM

You better start buying lottery tickets - nice grab, even with the brass frame.

Omnivore
11-21-2016, 01:09 PM
No one said the frame was brass. He said the fingerprints on the brass buffed out nicely. Doesn't say whether that was the trigger guard, backstrap, or the frame.

People reading things that aren't there, and believing things that they made up in their heads, is how Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump all got elected. It may be a brass frame, and it may not. Don't assume.

Ural Driver
11-21-2016, 09:42 PM
Did ya kiss him afterwards?:roll:

aspangler
11-21-2016, 10:14 PM
Yeah it was a brass frame. I made a mistake. I took it to church yesterday to show some friends and one of them offered me double my money. Oh well. I had it for a little while.

Texas by God
11-21-2016, 10:39 PM
No one said the frame was brass. He said the fingerprints on the brass buffed out nicely. Doesn't say whether that was the trigger guard, backstrap, or the frame.

People reading things that aren't there, and believing things that they made up in their heads, is how Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump all got elected. It may be a brass frame, and it may not. Don't assume.

Thanks for the lesson. Was Reagan elected on assumption? Best, Thomas.