PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Research Question

West Creek
06-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Did Ruger ever make a double action revolver with replacable barrels - of different lengths etc similiar to the Dan wesson system?

Thanks

Tom W.
06-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Not that I can recall.....

James C. Snodgrass
06-15-2008, 04:03 PM
I have never seen or heard of such.

jhrosier
06-15-2008, 05:16 PM
No.

However, there have been custom gunsmiths who offered such a conversion in the past.

Jack

waksupi
06-15-2008, 07:52 PM
There was a guy with a box full of different barrel lengths for the Redhawks at one of the local gun shows years ago. Haven't seen him or them, since. They did have the Ruger markings on them. Must be fairly rare.

NSP64
06-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Did Ruger ever make a double action revolver with replacable barrels - of different lengths etc similiar to the Dan wesson system?

Thanks

I've never heard of it. What did you find?[smilie=1:

Cherokee
06-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Ruger never produced such a revolver.

West Creek
06-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Well - here's the story and thanks for the reply's

During the party at my house Sunday my uncle tells me about this pistol his friend just got. He said it was a Ruger with interchangable barrels. I said Wow, are you sure it's not a Dan Wesson? But I'm not sure about it and asked a few questions about looks, double or single action etc. Show him a few pictures on the internet. We come to no conclusions but he insists it is a Factory Ruger with interchangable barrels. Without seeing it yet and a phone call to the owner I have discovered that it is a blackhawk with an extra barrel and probably no ejector attached. I think he has a rebarreled Ruger Blackhawk with the ejector removed and possibly thinks it has interchagable barrels. I think I'll have to go see it and make sure this guy doesnt think they are interchangable and start unscrewing the barrels and randomnly swaping them.

So that's the story and am sure glad you guys confirmed my thoughts.

MT Gianni
06-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Did he perhaps mean replaceable cylinders? As in 9mm/357, 44-40/44Mag and 45Colt/45ACP? My thought when I read your most recent post. Gianni