PDA

View Full Version : I was late getting to work this morning !

Boaz
11-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Left a few min early to stop at the grocery store for 'vittles' , I usually can't get away to eat lunch out so just make something at the shop .

Was trying to hurry shopping and passed a man stocking the spice isle . As usual I said ....Looks like GOD is going to give us a pretty day ! He responded and said ....gonna be a good day because every day with GOD is a good day !! I stopped pushing the cart and backed up , thanked him for having faith in our Lord .

This happens A LOT . I was prepared to witness but he started witnessing to me . I mainly listened , giving him the satisfaction of spreading encouragement . I talked to him and we both enjoyed that time together .

Yea I was a few min late but it was worth it .

Ithaca Gunner
11-16-2016, 01:22 PM
That IS a good day! Sometimes the clock just doesn't matter as much.

shoot-n-lead
11-16-2016, 01:32 PM
I agree...all days are good times for us to try to further our understanding of GOD and how he blesses us in ways that we seldom think of or realize. And, also, good days for us to better understand how undeserving, we are.

jrdztech
11-16-2016, 01:48 PM
Amen amen brothers...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

smokeywolf
11-16-2016, 03:07 PM
Why is it that atheists can't see that whether they believe or not, religion on the whole, makes people, better people?

I hope after we get out of Kali, I can run into more folks like that young man you ran into in the market.

Being kind of private in my religious beliefs and practices and living in a predominantly liberal/progressive (read as, more atheists) area of the country, I don't talk with many here about religion. On the rare occasion that religion does come up with one who suffers from a lack of faith and belief (an atheist). I've learned that keeping things simple is what seems to provoke the most thought and reevaluation of atheistic views and opinions.

I like to compare religion to a lock. Although a lock does not make dishonest people honest. It does serve to keep honest people honest. Religions, such as Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism, at best make good people better people and at worst, keep good people on the straight & narrow.
Just as locks keep honest people honest, religion goes a long way in keeping good people good.
Religion (not cults mind you) makes people better people and the world a much better place.
Removing religion or religious symbols from public places or public view never results in a overall positive effect.

Blackwater
11-16-2016, 03:21 PM
Yep. It's amazing how many smiles and confirmations we can get if we just casually mention His name casually in conversations. There are more of us out there than we often realize. Many have just allowed themselves to be cowed and silent because of the idjit libs and PC theology. And as Confucius said, "Even longest journey begin with first step." As Clint might say, "I reckon so!"

Boaz
11-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Witnessing to a fellow believer is not a waste . It confirms conviction , encourages , strengthens , inspires and quite frankly it's enjoyable sharing your's and their faith in GOD .
............................... Common ground .

Pine Baron
11-16-2016, 03:45 PM
Well Boaz, doesn't sound like you were late. Sounds like you were right on time.

Boaz
11-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Well Boaz, doesn't sound like you were late. Sounds like you were right on time.

Point taken ! Agreed .

buckwheatpaul
11-16-2016, 09:44 PM
Great post and a great reason to be late.....your soul and the soul of others is tooooo important to gamble with....Paul

Preacher Jim
11-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Atheist is afraid there is a God but hope they are right. Everything about God just scares them more so they protest more

Boaz
11-16-2016, 10:11 PM
Agree , to the point of insanity .

USMC87
11-16-2016, 10:40 PM
It is always great to find common ground.

Blackwater
11-17-2016, 11:37 PM
Witnessing to a fellow believer is not a waste . It confirms conviction , encourages , strengthens , inspires and quite frankly it's enjoyable sharing your's and their faith in GOD .
Amen! It's always encouraging and validating to know we're not alone. Even the strongest believer is still human, and as humans, we tend strongly toward having "feet'a clay," that tend to slide when we don't get some occasional reinforcement. This IS a battle, after all, and in ANY battle, reinforcement is ALWAYS a good thing!

TXGunNut
11-21-2016, 01:21 AM

The man stocking the spice aisle has seen some dark times and his faith has pulled him thru. Taking the time to listen to him reinforced his faith and yours. Waste? Absolutely not!

Boaz
11-21-2016, 07:08 AM
Your correct and he was also seeking a new church .