PDA

View Full Version : CMP has field grade M1 Garands listed again.

marvelshooter
11-15-2016, 04:59 PM
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not but they are back up on the CMP website for $630. Get 'em while you can.

country gent
11-15-2016, 08:29 PM
Dang I can remeber whe there was one grade and $240.00. I can also remeber them selling stocks, pieces part ( garand, M14, and carbine) along with assorted gages and ammos. At one time I bought .22 ammo for $90.00 a case of 5000 rounds. Its changed alot over the years.

Mauser48
11-15-2016, 08:43 PM
Trump is supposed to let the garands and carbines from south Korea come in that Obama denied.

tradbear55
11-15-2016, 09:17 PM
Trump is supposed to let the garands and carbines from south Korea come in that Obama denied.
I hope this happens. The price of these guns is getting out of hand. The availability has been very low for decent priced M1 garands.

Garyshome
11-15-2016, 09:23 PM
I'd like to get one but the price has to come down first

smokeywolf
11-15-2016, 09:27 PM
With regard to the So. Korean Garands, I too hope they come back. I have 3 sons interested in shooting and only 1 Garand.

tigweldit
11-15-2016, 09:54 PM
Prices will probably never come down. Hope availabilty will go up. Still have my M1 Rock-Ola carbine that I got I got in 1963 for $20. Love that program!

country gent
11-15-2016, 09:55 PM
Id really like to see them allow the welded up to semi auto only M14s. The state asscocations M1s were these and they could issue team members guns legally but we couldnt own them. Great rifles and forged recievers also. Prices are getting high and the grading is driving it even further. My Garand is a Blue sky imported back in from korea the throat was long and the muzzle erroded pretty bad. 168s keyholed at 200 yds. But I bought it right and rebarreled it with a 308 1-10 twist med heavy barrel. It was a great project rifle. I shot it 2-3 years in service rifle matches before the first M1A.

marvelshooter
11-16-2016, 07:01 AM
The question is how they would be sold. On the open market they would go for a lot more than the CMP gets.

Electric88
11-16-2016, 08:26 AM
It would be awesome if they brought in the m1s from South Korea.

In the meantime, I'm seriously thinking about picking one of these up. I might have to make a drive to the Ohio store tomorrow...

Hardcast416taylor
11-16-2016, 05:17 PM

I`m hoping that they would allow other surplus rifles from Europe and Asia to be let in again.Robert

TNsailorman
11-16-2016, 09:58 PM
I got long winded and didn't say what I intended to say in my above post, so I deleted it. There are still M1 Garands and M1 Carbines both in foreign hands (I suspect but don't know for sure) and I would very much like to see them returned to the U.S. and sold to the citizens. I heartly agree with Roberts statement.

Mauser48
11-16-2016, 11:35 PM
I really hope they come in. I want an m1 carbine really bad to go with the garand and 03a3.

Scorpion8
11-17-2016, 12:17 AM
I got mine back when the Greek returns were $350. That was a great deal. Question is what happened to the ex-G.I. 1911 .45's that CMP just got about 1-1/2 years ago? They should be cleaned up and inspected by now.

376Steyr
11-17-2016, 12:52 AM
RE the 1911's, from the CMP website:

"10/15/16 An update on the 1911’s…

The CMP is NOT authorized to receive or disburse the 1911s at this point. We have not yet received the approval required from the Secretary of the Army by the legislation.
Thank you,
Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer"

Maybe the next Secretary of the Army under the new administration will feel a little less inclined to defy the will of Congress.

rondog
11-17-2016, 04:24 AM

Got a link to support that? I dearly hope it's true!

Stinkin' Democrats.....

ShooterAZ
11-17-2016, 11:45 AM
Guys, the current CMP field grades are being cobbled together from pitted and re-parked receivers, barrels etc. It has always been luck of the draw, but I for one would certainly not take that gamble now for $630. The last Field Grade I got was a HRA Greek return for $295. The stock was oil soaked and looked like it was run over by a tank, but the metal & bore were excellent. I re-stocked it with a nice SA set that I had extra. It's my best shooter BTW.

tomme boy
11-17-2016, 01:12 PM
The welded M14 will NEVER be allowed. ATF says once a machinegun ALWAYS a machinegun.

Couple years ago Someone imported a bunch of the 8mm AK type sniper rifles from Yugo. They had the selector switch. The sear pin hole was welded up and sold as a semi auto. Well the ATF found out and recalled everyone of them to be destroyed.

Electric88
11-17-2016, 02:14 PM
The welded M14 will NEVER be allowed. ATF says once a machinegun ALWAYS a machinegun.

Couple years ago Someone imported a bunch of the 8mm AK type sniper rifles from Yugo. They had the selector switch. The sear pin hole was welded up and sold as a semi auto. Well the ATF found out and recalled everyone of them to be destroyed.

Ugh. The ATF doesn't let us have any fun.

dragon813gt
11-17-2016, 02:43 PM
Repeal the Hughes Amendment and the problem is solved :)

texasnative46
11-17-2016, 07:42 PM
tomme boy,

Don't bet the farm on your opinion. = A simple executive order from POTUS Trump will IMMEDIATELY change the BATF bureaucrats STUPID opinions.
(Watch for the "sporting purpose" & no "imported AW barrels" nonsense to END soon, too.)

Lots of us also want the Hughes Amendment "attached to" a defense bill & that particularly SILLY provision repealed, too.

yours, tex

tomme boy
11-17-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm not going to rely on Trump to end any of this. I feel that he will just let things stay the same as they are to appease the masses. He USED to be for a AWB before he decided to get into politics. So keep that filed away for later. He MAY resort back to it when he needs to get something passed. I hope not but I am prepared.

Bigslug
11-19-2016, 10:00 PM
Repeal the Hughes Amendment and the problem is solved :)

A worthwhile notion, and truthfully, we've got two years to strike while the iron is hot on this, repatriating Garands, getting WWI and WWII era surplus coming back in, getting 1911's out of the CMP etc..., to say nothing of trying to burn as much of NFA34 and GCA68 to the ground as we can.

This is ALL stuff worth nagging your congresscritters over. The libs seem to be getting the lesson that gun control is not going to gain them much traction, and for most of them at least, it's not the agenda hill they want to die on. Might as well play this controlling-three-branches hand for all it's worth while we've got it. If they do something stupid to get the left riled and unified, we can kiss it goodbye in the 2018 mid terms.

WILCO
11-19-2016, 11:43 PM
we can kiss it goodbye in the 2018 mid terms.

I don't see the left being in power for many years.

dragon813gt
11-19-2016, 11:59 PM

I'm a pessimist. Don't think the democrats won't be highly motivated and organized come 2018. This isn't the correct forum for this discussion so I will end by saying don't rest on your laurels.

Texas by God
11-22-2016, 12:57 AM
I want a Garand, a Carbine, and a 1911 from the CMP! I hope it happens.

shoot-n-lead
11-22-2016, 01:09 AM

I didn't see the Republican's being in charge next year.

Politics = fickle...not always as it seems.

However, I agree with you...I think that it might be a while.

texasnative46
11-23-2016, 03:22 AM
shoot-n-lead,

IF the GOP starts "*****-footing around" & doesn't put forward an aggressive agenda to REVERSE everything done the last 8 years, expect the conservatives & TP folk to STAY HOME in 2018/2020.
(The GOP also needs to learn to IGNORE what the "main-SLIME media" lies, rants, whines, whimpers & howls about & simply does what the majority wants done. - The leftist media will forever want too have the radical left in charge & will NEVER be truthful about the mess that the leftist "DIMocRATS" have made of our Republic.)
My strong suggestion is to use THE NUCLEAR OPTION to shut down the leftists, abolish "obamacare", rebuild our military, fix the mess that the VA is & make "the moron left" a PERMANENT minority.

yours, satx