PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin fritters

toallmy
11-13-2016, 08:33 PM
As I was travelling to visit some family members yesterday , I came across this fellow selling pumpkins so I'm the proud owner of a pumpkin .It's not the prettiest of the lot but I told the older gentlemen I have always found the ugliest tomatoes in the garden to taste the best so I picked one that should be delicious . Now I can put together a decent pie , but I kinda got to thinking about pumpkin fritters . But I have always been a better eater than a cook . And it seems as the older generation slowly leave us , much of the older foods are being lost in time . Before I give in and goggle it can someone point me in the right direction of putting together a pumpkin fritter . I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving .

MaryB
11-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Never made fritters but I have mad plenty of pumpkin bread... follow a banana bread recipe and sub pumpkin.

toallmy
11-14-2016, 05:34 AM
Thank you Mary B

Hogtamer
11-14-2016, 09:31 PM
What Mary said, but I add a little pumpkin pie spice and if the pumpkin is sorta dry after cooking it down add a little cream too.

toallmy
11-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Well I did it after cooking down the pumpkin a googled pumpkin fritters and mixed up some , and to be honest the cook is not very good ( I am the cook ) . The good news is I have a feeling their is going to be some pie in the future .

toallmy
11-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Although I might give the bread a try .

Blackwater
11-15-2016, 10:28 PM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I've never been timid about trying some idea I had. And no, they didn't always work out, but ALMOST all were at least edible. The "mistakes" are our best teachers. What we learn through them feeds everything that comes subsequently. Even my Mom, the greatest cook ever in my experience, wasn't successful all the time! When I hard her shout out "Darn it!" I knew to stay away. As they say, "When mama ain't happy, ain't NObody gonna' be happy!" But she never held onto her anger, and it always renewed her determination to find a way to MAKE things work out. And she always DID, too! Not once did anything overcome her determination and ire! And she was the best cook EVER! Can't beat that with a stick!

MaryB
11-15-2016, 10:55 PM
I love pumpkin bread, way better than banana! Great grab and go breakfast I used when I was working still! Smear some microwaved slices with butter on a paper plate and run out the door. Munch as I did my 30 mile commute to work.

reloader28
11-16-2016, 02:04 AM
We pulled 2 pumpkins from the garden. One about 65lbs and the other right around 100lbs so I'm giving 3 gallons of pumpkin wine a try this year with half of the smaller one.
Have no idea if it will be any good. Pie filling and bread with the rest.