PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

Boaz
11-13-2016, 10:11 AM
John 15;5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

The daily nourishment we get from Christ through the Holy Spirit gives us a good start, but we need more than that. Somehow we need to connect to Christ in such a way that we are able to think before we speak and act, and repent immediately when we are even the least bit off course. I admit it’s a challenge, but it’s certainly a worthwhile one.

Pine Baron
11-13-2016, 10:15 AM
Gee whiz, Boaz, nice way to go right to the heart of it. Challenge, to say the least.

Boaz
11-13-2016, 10:26 AM
LOL , time to put our self in the harness and pull brother . The more pulling the lighter the load !

Pine Baron
11-13-2016, 10:28 AM
Would also help if they'd release the dang brake!

Boaz
11-13-2016, 10:41 AM
Good point !

Blackwater
11-13-2016, 11:05 AM
:) Yep. Great post and very apt comments. He never promised us it'd be easy, though, did He? He said it'd be challenging, but it's also SO rewarding when we conform to His will instead of our own. And so much better results and satisfaction with ourselves ensues when we do as He so lovingly and truthfully advised us to. He wants us to be "happy" (as in "satisfied," not just "laughing happy").

And every piece of advice and instruction He left us is aimed at that. It's just that we often can't see that when we're "trapped" within our own wills and perceptions. He sees MUCH further down the line than we ever can! And He KNOWS what we need, even when we don't always agree.

Isn't it funny how when we do the HARD things, as He advised, it all works out the best for us in the end? That alone is proof of His genuine love for us, is it not? It's our limited vision and perception that we so often fight, NOT his lack of love and good will towards us. There's a great lesson in that if we'd just learn it well enough to always trust Him and His advice. It won't come overnight to us, but once we realize how great His advice and instruction truly is, it's much harder to fool ourselves, and follow our own will instead of His.

We learn so slowly, and so grudgingly. But it's worth every difficulty we'll ever face in coming to that point. Blessed be the name of the Lord forever.