PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased Accurate mold

HeavyMetal
11-12-2016, 05:07 PM
OK so I have been playing with a Lyman 429434 single cavity mold for about a year now, both 44's like it but I hated the gas check shank and the wimpy sprue plate.

Red River Rick supplied me a thicker sprue plate and Eric at hollow point mold cut the gas check shank out making it a very nice plan base mold.

Last week end I was casting with it and it just took forever to make a couple hundred for my Thanksgiving family get together!!

Nice boolit falls right out of the mold and fat to boot so sizing to .430 no issue but man is it slow!

So this morning I went on a search for a better mouse trap, and found Accurate mold. They have several very close designs in the 240 grain range and I bought the 43-240 G four cavity design in an aluminum block.

Hope to see it in a few weeks and it should increase my casting numbers greatly.

Question is anybody else working with the design curious as to results you may be getting.

Randy Bohannon
11-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Don't be surprised if it shows up mid week,Tom @ Accurate is studious and gets things done that no mere mortal is capable.I have three brass molds from him and all are winners.Will be getting another, iron fat .456 PB 45 for my Win/Miroku rifle.

HeavyMetal
11-13-2016, 12:58 AM
I'd heard Tom was pretty fast on the delivery end but considering some of the Lee Group Buys I've been party to Three weeks is a dream!!

If it gets here before I leave for Thanksgiving I'll be really impressed but won't hold his feet to the fire.

waco
11-14-2016, 08:14 PM
5-8 business days seems to be the norm foe me...

MyFlatline
11-16-2016, 09:36 PM
7 days from order to arrival on my last one. Tom is the best.

John Boy
11-16-2016, 11:04 PM
A 9.5x47R Accurate mold: emailed the bullet diagram to Tom on Monday and the mold was in my mailbox on Friday!

HeavyMetal
11-17-2016, 11:31 PM
Mold arrived this AM. At my office!

Can't beat that plus there's not a sharp edge anywhere on the outside of this mold.

Service was awesome and the mold is a beauty!

This won't be my last mold from Tom, that's for sure!

HM