PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Bob

edler7
11-11-2016, 11:25 PM
My best buddy Bob is having a heart transplant tomorrow morning.

A few extra prayers couldn't hurt.

Thank you.

shoot-n-lead
11-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Prayer sent for everyone involved and affected.

Bzcraig
11-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Wow that's a big surgery! Prayinf for complete success and quick recovery.

WRideout
11-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Heavenly father, bless and heal Bob. Also watch over the family of the person who donated the heart, and give them your peace.

Wayne

Boaz
11-12-2016, 08:42 AM
Lord be with Bob and his family as he goes through this . Help them in every way Lord . Help him recovery quickly . Thank you Lord . Amen

USMC87
11-12-2016, 09:05 AM
Heavenly Father we come before You bringing Bob and his heart transplant today, We ask that You will guide the Doctors to perform the surgery exactly as is needed. We ask that Bob's body will accept the new heart and will recover without any downturns, We ask that You will receive all honor and glory in these things, We ask these things in Jesus name, Amen.

Pine Baron
11-12-2016, 09:17 AM
Heavenly Father, please bring Your Divine healing to Bob. Bring comfort to his family and guide the doctors in their procedures.
Please bring Your blessings to the family of the donor. In Jesus' Name . Amen.

square butte
11-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Prayer sent up - Amen to all the above prayer

jcren
11-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Prayers sent

Blackwater
11-12-2016, 12:40 PM
I'm late getting here on this one. Sorry. Prayers up that it went well for him. That's about as big a deal as one can face in surgery!

buckwheatpaul
11-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Father, Please heal Bob by allowing a successful heart transplant and therapy. Father, You are the great Healer and only You can guide the physicians that will do the surgery. Please walk with Bob and restore him to health. AMEN

jmort
11-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Praying that all goes well.

slim1836
11-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Slim

Boaz
11-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Thank you slim . Amen

edler7
11-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Bob made it through surgery. His new heart wasn't working as well as they thought it would, but things improved overnight and continue upward today. He's still in an induced coma and on a ventilator, but improving.

Thanks to everyone for prayers.

Boaz
11-13-2016, 05:24 PM
Thank you for the good report !

Pine Baron
11-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Prayers for continued improvement and successful recovery.

Blackwater
11-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Thank you for the followup. Transplants of any kind are problematic on many levels. Rejection and the drugs to reduce or minimize their effects are a big part of it. It's a tenuous process at best. Will continue prayers because I know he'll be needing them for a while, while his body adjusts to the new heart. It's amazing that we can even replace a damaged heart now, but the replacement isn't without risk and difficulties. Is our God an amazing God to let us reach this point, or what?

buckwheatpaul
11-14-2016, 07:41 PM
By the steady improvement is a good report....God is in charge and our prayers will work if it is His will.

shoot-n-lead
11-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Good news...prayers continue.

Boaz
11-14-2016, 08:43 PM
They will have to get his medication regulated , could take a while . Will continue to pray . His family is bound to be worried .

edler7
11-14-2016, 11:09 PM
No update today. I'll post one when I get it.

Thank you all got the continuing prayers.

Blackwater
11-15-2016, 11:22 AM
Boaz is right. Getting the anti-rejection stuff worked out is a biggie here. God grant that they get it worked out ASAP.

edler7
11-15-2016, 11:56 PM
Talked to Bobs wife. He hasn't woke up yet. He had a CT of his head yesterday and it was good. His BP is low but holding. Getting dialysis tomorrow to get some fluid off.

Sounds like he still has a long row to hoe. Your prayers are most appreciated.

Blackwater
11-16-2016, 03:34 PM
This sounds pretty normal for such a huge operation. We need to keep our prayers up for this man, for he's truly in great need of them. Much of transplants is very complex, and sudden problems can and do crop up. Lord, please be with this good man, and his family and loved ones. Give him yet one more chance here, Lord. Grant him and his family some more years in this realm before he goes to you. Thank you for any and all considerations you can give to this man and his family, Lord. As in all things, your will be done, but this we ask if you can make it so. Amen.

edler7
11-16-2016, 08:09 PM
Amen, Blackwater. He has twin grandsons that are 2 years old. I pray the have him around long enough to make a lot of memories.

USMC87
11-17-2016, 08:15 AM
Prayers are continued for Bob.

Teddy (punchie)
11-17-2016, 09:26 AM
yep praying for Bob and his

edler7
11-19-2016, 05:39 PM
He's starting to come around some. Brief periods of consciousness and voluntary movement. Kidney and lung function improving.

Wake up, buddy! We got motorcycles to ride!!!

Pine Baron
11-20-2016, 08:18 AM
This is good news.
Heavenly Father, please continue to bless Bob with your Blessings and Mercy. Please allow the doctors to exercise their skill and vigilance in treating him. Please give comfort and patience to his family and friends. In Jesus Name. Amen

Boaz
11-20-2016, 08:31 AM
Amen .

w5pv
11-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Praise the Lord,I pray every day for his will to protect this forum and to keep everyone and their families safe in the practice of molding and shooting.

Hickok
11-20-2016, 12:58 PM
Praying for Bob and his family, and Amen to all the prayers of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

shoot-n-lead
11-20-2016, 02:10 PM
Another prayer for Bob.

Blackwater
11-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Still praying here. This one's probably going to be a long haul, and he'll need our prayers every step of the way. Heart (and other) transplants are not one of those things where you bounce out of the hospital the next day, "just like new." Many factors make it a risky proposition, and one that requires constant monitoring and adjusting. Let us be diligent in this one!

TXGunNut
11-21-2016, 01:38 AM
A little late to this party but Bob will be in my prayers tonight and during his recovery. Come to think of it, "recovery" for a heart transplant patient never ends.

edler7
11-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Bob woke up ! Still extremely weak, but he is off the ventilator and responding well. His heart function is good and he is slowly improving.

All I ask for him is a good day today and a little bit better day tomorrow...and a thank you for what he has been given already.

Boaz
11-23-2016, 11:49 AM
Good deal ! Thank you for the good news ! More prayer .

Blackwater
11-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Thanks for your diligence in keeping us posted on this one. Our God is the great God of the universe, and can do all things. I thank Him for granting our prayers in this case, and so many others. But he'll still need our prayers and God's blessings for a while now. So good to know that God truly DOES answer our prayers. Let us continue our prayers diligently for this man and his loved ones. It matters.

edler7
12-04-2016, 03:14 PM
A little update on Bob- He's awake and responding some. Still not much movement of his limbs, but I'm sure he feels like he has been hit by 2 trucks. His kidney function is improving slowly, and he is eating some soft foods. His heart shows no signs of rejection, and is functioning well. I don't think much more could be asked for at this point. I just want him to have a good day today and a little better one tomorrow. He is being moved to a lower level of care than ICU, and that is really good news.

Thanks again for your prayers, I know they are helping.

shoot-n-lead
12-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Good news.

Thanks for the update.

Prayers will continue.

Ithaca Gunner
12-05-2016, 12:10 AM
May God be with Bob.

buckwheatpaul
12-05-2016, 08:06 AM
elder7 thanks for the update....still praying for comfort and healing. Paul

Blackwater
12-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Thanks here, too. It's amazing that we even CAN do this today! It's a rough proceedure, from all I am given to understand about it, but it's a new lease on a new life, and what greater gift could a man receive than this? Praise God that his doctors were able to give him a new chance at life again!

edler7
12-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Thanks here, too. It's amazing that we even CAN do this today! It's a rough proceedure, from all I am given to understand about it, but it's a new lease on a new life, and what greater gift could a man receive than this? Praise God that his doctors were able to give him a new chance at life again!

Amen ! My prayers also include the donor and their family. I'm sure they need some, too.

edler7
12-14-2016, 11:44 AM
Update: Bob is progressing slowly, but surely. He is still on high doses of Prednisone for rejection, and he is a little "goofy" during the night. He has been upgraded to a general diet (he's eating Cheetos, gravy and bacon-I consider this an excellent sign), his kidney function is improving and he is moving around more, to include sitting on the side of the bed and standing with assistance for a couple minutes yesterday. All tests show no sign of rejection and his new heart is functioning well. I talked to him for a few minutes several days ago, he sounded pretty washed out but we were able to have a small conversation.

He still has a looooong way to go, but he is getting closer every day. Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts for this man.

Boaz
12-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Thank you elder7 . Hoping he will get back on his feet quickly , he has been through a heck of a surgery . That he is not having rejection problems is a real blessing . Still praying .

retiredin2001
12-14-2016, 05:54 PM
I have a new to me spare part. I offer my prayers to are going to help and heal Bob his doctors nurses caregivers family friends and all to take special care for Bob in holy father name amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckwheatpaul
12-14-2016, 06:20 PM
Eating bacon and being active is a good sign....God is good .... still praying for healing and comfort....Paul

wistlepig1
12-14-2016, 06:40 PM
Prayers for Bob

Blackwater
12-15-2016, 05:33 PM
If he's eating Cheetos, that MUST be a good sign! :-D Thanks for keeping us up on his status. Helps us focus more on our prayers. What can I say? We're just human. God bless you both.

edler7
12-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Bob is improving daily. He's in a chair 4-5 times a day and sitting up to eat. He doesn't remember much before about 2 weeks ago, which I think might be a good thing. Still no signs of rejection and his kidney function has returned to normal. He took a shower yesterday for the first time in 2 1/2 years. He couldn't shower previously because he had an external heart pump attached and they didn't want any chance of water getting into the lines going inside his chest.

This is the best Christmas present I could ever get.

Blackwater
12-24-2016, 09:07 PM
What a great report to hear on this Christmas eve! Thanks. Our God is a mighty and loving God. Praised be His holy name!

Pine Baron
12-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Thank you edler7 for this wonderful news. Thank God for his many Blessings and Mercy. Merry Christmas.

Blackwater
12-26-2016, 12:43 AM
To pray for something, and then see those prayers answered, is about the most humbling and edifying thing we Christians will ever do in this life. Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

Boaz
12-26-2016, 05:53 PM
Bob is a miracle in progress . Praise GOD !

edler7
01-10-2017, 12:14 PM
A little update: Bob's last biopsy showed slight signs of rejection. Dr. said it wasn't unusual at 6-8 weeks, and nothing to be concerned about. He continues to make slow progress but being caught in the jaws of medical bureaucracy is wearing on him and his wife. Please include strength and understanding in your prayers.

Thanks to God, and all you who ask for his help with Bob.

Pine Baron
01-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the update, edler7. prayers continue. I might add patience.

Blackwater
01-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Done. These things are about as political as they are medical, oftentimes. Not sure that part isn't the heaviest to bear? Prayers up, and will continue for him and the family, and the donor's family.

edler7
01-25-2017, 03:41 PM
Update on Bob- He has been moved off the surgical floor and is now in rehab ! His sternal precautions have been lifted, and that was the trigger for the move. He was on the precautions 2 weeks longer than normal, due to high steroid doses for anti-rejection. He seems to like the new digs- new view and different people, plus Thursday is prime rib night.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers, I know they help Bob and his wife.

Blackwater
01-25-2017, 05:15 PM
What a great report! The most wondrous thing we will ever witness is the birth of a child. The next has to be the very real rebirth of an old man, given new life by a miracle procedure and the donation of a human organ by a dying man's family. What an awe inspiring situation! Thank God for his many blessings on Bob, and I pray for comfort for the family of the donor. Who could not be touched by a story like this?

buckwheatpaul
01-25-2017, 08:36 PM
Praise God and all the people that have prayed for Bob ...... May he continue to improve and gain strength through God and more prayer....thanks for the update.....Paul

Pine Baron
01-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Praise God and all the people that have prayed for Bob ...... May he continue to improve and gain strength through God and more prayer....thanks for the update.....Paul
Amen.

edler7
03-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Update-

I just got done talking to Bob. He's not improving a whole lot and is getting pretty depressed. He's been in the hospital since before Thanksgiving and really wants to go home to Alaska, but he's not well enough for the care level his local hospital can provide. He's caught in the Catch 22 of medical care and is just moving in circles instead of going forward.

I would ask all you fine people to put a little extra "oomph" in your prayers for this good man. I pray for him daily, and for a resolution to his health problems.

Boaz
03-25-2017, 03:56 PM
More prayer for Bob .

Pine Baron
03-25-2017, 09:13 PM
Praying for Bob's recovery.

shoot-n-lead
03-25-2017, 09:24 PM
Prayer sent for Bob.

Blackwater
03-27-2017, 02:20 PM
Still praying for Bob, and a full recovery. Our God is an awesome God, and STILL performs wonders every day. God bless Bob and his family.

buckwheatpaul
03-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Father, You guided the medical team that replaced Bob's defective heart. Now Bob is facing a problem of slowed healing. Father please allow Your will to be done and heal Bob. Father, we do not know what You have in mind for Bob but I am praying that You walk with Bob and improve his healing process. AMEN

Blackwater
03-29-2017, 06:29 PM
Transplants are an operation of multiple difficulties, and these things do happen. May Almighty God bless him and grant him a full recovery despite any lack of medical care he may be getting. When God is on one's side, nothing can happen that's not His will. Praise God for the time he's gained from this transplant, and prayers for his complete recovery. Amen.

Boaz
03-31-2017, 07:59 PM
Lord be with him . Help him . Heal him . Give him comfort and assurance . guide his family to draw strength from you . Steady them all . Amen

Preacher Jim
04-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Lord you are the God of miracles and have done one in replacing his heart, now we ask you to pore your grace and continue to strengthen his body as he recovers. Give him a whisper to let him know you are in control and help him to walk by faith.
Amen

Blackwater
04-04-2017, 03:54 PM
I have a friend who's gotten depressed in going through the chemo and radiation for his cancer. But he rallies. Pain is his Achilles Heel, and he's not been able to eat for a time on several occasions. Us country boys really HATE when THAT happens! But I talked with him today, and he's MUCH better, and his attitude is back to his normal semi-cocky self again. ;^) I hope Bob finds his own relief. Transplants are VERY complex and exacting things, and they're NO picnic! But it's worth it all when he can get on the other side of this. He'll thank his lucky stars when he gets past the tough parts. He must have been a really good candidate for the transplant. Elsewise, they'd not have performed it on him. Prayers continue for him and the families of both him and his donor. God bless them all.

edler7
04-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Bob is improving. I talked to him this weekend and he sounded more like his old self. They reinstalled a pacemaker, drained 1 1/2 liters of fluid off his chest and readjusted his meds. He is in Seattle and got to go outside for some rare sunshine. He said it sure felt good.

I hope the trend continues and he gets to go home within a few weeks.

Boaz
04-05-2017, 02:27 PM
GOD is good ! Thank you for this report .

buckwheatpaul
04-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Father, Thank You for what You have done for Bob....please continue to heal him and restore him unto us. AMEN

shoot-n-lead
04-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Amen!

daniel lawecki
04-05-2017, 08:12 PM
Prayers sent.

Pine Baron
04-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Father, Thank You for what You have done for Bob....please continue to heal him and restore him unto us. AMEN

Thanks Paul, Amen.

Blackwater
04-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the report, Elder. Prayers continuing for Bob. It's SO good to hear he's feeling better with the fluid drained off. May God restore him to good health once again. What a wondrous blessing that they're able to do these sorts of things now. God is truly a gracious and loving Lord, and we are in awe of all He's done, and allows us to do here!

edler7
04-23-2017, 12:49 AM
Update on Bob- His pace maker was replaced with one that synchronizes both sides of the heart. The improvement was dramatic- to the point he is going home in 3 weeks. I hoped and prayed that they would find the problem...looks like they did. 3 weeks of rehab and he is back to Alaska !

I owe all of you and the Heavenly Father a huge THANK YOU !

shoot-n-lead
04-23-2017, 12:51 AM
Update on Bob- His pace maker was replaced with one that synchronizes both sides of the heart. The improvement was dramatic- to the point he is going home in 3 weeks. I hoped and prayed that they would find the problem...looks like they did. 3 weeks of rehab and he is back to Alaska !

I owe all of you and the Heavenly Father a huge THANK YOU !

Great news!

Prayer continued.

Pine Baron
04-23-2017, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the good report, edler7. Praying for a successful recovery and rehab. All Glory goes to God.

randyrat
04-23-2017, 08:18 AM
Amazing! This is a good reminder I need to talk to god more.. I am very happy for the good news.

rl69
04-23-2017, 08:33 AM
Great news

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b3tAJS0wpRY

Blackwater
04-24-2017, 07:57 PM
Wow! What a wonderful report! I can only imagine how happy he'll be to be going home again, and sitting with his friends and family! God truly does work wonders, and uses mankind's hands in the process so often today. I will always be in awe of our Lord, and all he does and can do for us! Blessed be the name of the Lord, forever!

edler7
05-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Update: Bob has been discharged and is back in Alaska ! He's not home yet, but is with his wife in an ADA apartment in Anchorage. He still has some rehab to get through, but he's not in the hospital any more. 146 days in that place....

If I won the powerball tonight, I wouldn't be as happy as I am about this.

Thanks to all who helped him get to where he is today...and to the Lord for making it happen.

Pine Baron
05-10-2017, 08:08 AM
Thanks edler7 for the this uplifting news. Thank you God for the blessing of your Mercy.

buckwheatpaul
05-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Elder7 thanks for the continual updates....it is good that the physicians were finally get him regulated and was able to send Bob home...Praise the Lord!