PDA

View Full Version : mannlicher schoenauer reciever sight

porthos
11-11-2016, 04:10 PM
trying to find a reciever sight for a friends m.s. carbine. i bought one from a vintage sight collector and it's the wrong one. he said that he was told that there were 3 different lyman sights for the m.s. and he didn't know which was wich. he was hoping that the buyer (me) would have the right rifle for it. he will take it back and refund payment. i guess that the sight selection for these guns is tricky. what my friend has is a 1903 M.S. carbine serial #14818. can anyone help me with the proper sight model (reciever sight) for this rifle. the sight that i bought was advertised as a lyman #36ms although all that was stamped on the sight was lyman, no model #. the sight would not fit on the left side because the bolt stop was in the way. can anyone help me or direct me to someone with the knowledge that can..

porthos

samari46
11-12-2016, 12:00 AM
There was a Lyman 36 that fit on the bolt stop of the 1888 commission mauser and would hazard a guess that the 36 that was made for the mannlicher schoenaur was of the same type. Try google for Gary Fellers. He has a website and sells a large number of receiver sights and just about any manufacture's receiver sight. Not saying he'll have what you need but worth a shot. Frank

2152hq
11-19-2016, 09:31 PM
The Lyman #36MS fits ON the bolt stop,,not next to it.
The 36MS is for the models 1903, 05, 08 and 1910.
There is a separate Lyman sight for the Mannlicher Schoenauer Model 1924, those are marked '36MS-24'
Still another for the Post War Models , the sight marked '36MS-50'

They all attach to the rifles bolt stop and have a spring tensioned top arm to allow the bolt handle to pass by and the aperture to return to center position.

(There are also versions for the GEW 88, and the Steyr MAnnlicher straight line feed rifles like the Dutch 95, Romanian 93.)

You can also contact Ken Bean. Does business at eastern gun shows as 'The Sight Man'. No web site. Lives around York, Pa,,,717-755-9070