PDA

View Full Version : Special Tribute...

Ole Joe Clarke
11-11-2016, 07:45 AM
God bless all our Veterans today, for a job well done. You are loved and respected. A heartfelt thank you for your service.

God bless America,

Leon

PbHurler
11-11-2016, 07:47 AM
Thank you gentlemen

shdwlkr
11-11-2016, 09:50 AM
thanks to all that served and are serving, few who have never served understand just why you chose to serve and why when you return you have changed so much. Thank you all for stepping up and releasing freedom isn't free

MrWolf
11-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Thanks to all that served!

sundog
11-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Best of all thanks to my grandfather (http://home.windstream.net/corkyconnell/ehconnell/Edward_H_Connell.html) who finished the Great War in a field hospital in Belgium. I'm sure glad he survived!

smoked turkey
11-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Yes all paid some, some paid all. THANK YOU! We all owe you today and every day.

Sweetpea
11-11-2016, 10:58 AM
My hat is off to all those who have served, thank you, and God bless!

OnHoPr
11-11-2016, 12:25 PM
A tip of the hat to all those Swab jockeys, Jarheads, Fly Boys, Puddle Jumpers, Grunts, and those always on vacation NG ARAT grunts. Have a good day, maybe clean a battle rifle or shoot a deer or squirrel today.

Jr.
11-11-2016, 12:29 PM
A debt of gratitude to our veterans is not enough to describe it. Thank you all so much for giving me the chance to live in this country and enjoy all the freedoms therein. All thanks is owed to you.

PatMarlin
11-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Happy Veterans Day to all of you that have served our country without reservation, giving the ultimate sefless gift of freedom for us here in the United State of America.

Here's my salute to you Dad

James T Green

The next generation of "Band of Brothers" 101st Airborne Rangers -Korea.

Even though you currently may not remember who I am always, you always remain my Dad and I love you... Pat

scarry scarney
11-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Many gave all
All gave some
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
For our tomorrow
They gave their today

From One Veteran to Another, I salute you and Welcome you home. -scarry out!

Echo
11-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Best of all thanks to my grandfather (http://home.windstream.net/corkyconnell/ehconnell/Edward_H_Connell.html) who finished the Great War in a field hospital in Belgium. I'm sure glad he survived!
Well - my Grandfather probably had less time in the military than anyone else, ever.
Grampa Sanford had some Business College experience, and thought he should have a commission, but no one would grant him one. Finally, after months of trying, through the offices of his wife's family in Illinois, the Illinois National Guard offered him a commission. He was told to go to the train station (he lived in Matador, TX, at the time) on a certain date, and a ticket would be waiting for him. He did, and there was, and he boarded the train, and the train took off. An hour later it was flagged down in Floydada, and he was pulled off. The Armistice had been declared, and they didn't need him anymore. In the military for one hour!
(He never claimed any veterans benefits...)

DCP
11-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Many gave all
All gave some

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

For our tomorrow
They gave their today

Blackwater
11-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Amen, guys! So many now take their sacrifices, and particularly those who gave the supreme sacrifice, SO casually, if at all now. It's a shame that so many have no appreciation of those who got them here, often at such great price. A nation that doesn't remember and honor its heroes, is a nation on its way out. God bless our veterans, and particularly those who've gone before us. Amen.