PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from Banger Jim lately?

RogerDat
11-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Last post by BangerJim that I saw was from Aug. and he is normally pretty active. Shot him a PM but have not heard back. I'm getting awful cocky without him here to take me and my opinions down a notch or two from time to time.

Thought someone that knows him better or in person might know if he is ok.

osteodoc08
11-09-2016, 09:53 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Hope he's ok

rancher1913
11-09-2016, 10:42 PM
he took a hiatus from shooting and casting so he could do other things, you will need to email him.

Artful
11-10-2016, 12:04 AM
Last time I communicated he was too busy to go shooting with me - Sept. but he was OK.

Tenbender
11-10-2016, 01:01 AM
Anyone that knows him personally can tell him he can stop campaigning for hillary. She has lost !

runfiverun
11-10-2016, 11:58 AM
he is just pursuing other hobby's.

shooterg
11-10-2016, 11:10 PM
There are other hobbies ?

RogerDat
11-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Well good to hear he is doing ok. With cooler weather coming on I can't imagine anything better to do than be casting but... they say there are other things but I don't know, just a rumor far as I know.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-11-2016, 02:18 AM
There are other hobbies ?
read his last 50 posts, many of his posts, he mentions one of his other hobbies, if it coincides with the topic at hand.

woodbutcher
11-11-2016, 05:47 PM
:twisted: One of my other hobbies is"Girl Watching".I might be old,but I ain`t dead.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

RogerDat
11-12-2016, 08:07 PM
BangerJim was nice enough to drop me a PM. Been busy with his engineering company and his antique and clockmaking/restoring along with some wood and metal working, all things as I recall he has mentioned in the past as being activities he enjoys.

Hopefully he finds the time and inclination to drop back in sometime, I always found his observations thought out and worth reading. He tends to come at this casting and reloading from a different perspective than I do since I'm a scrounging fool and banger tends to go for making better than store bought but his perspective was one that added to my own.

brassrat
11-13-2016, 07:28 PM
He don't need it, lets circle in and clean out that tin hoard...nah

RogerDat
11-14-2016, 01:21 PM
He don't need it, lets circle in and clean out that tin hoard...nah
Taking tin from someone that makes bullets can be potentially..... a challenge shall we say. S&S forum might be easier, and without a doubt safer.

brassrat
11-14-2016, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't wanna mess with his stuff, even if possible, Its just that I got me a bit too after joining this site and in Mr. Wallyworlds voice, getting a lot crazy. Oh btw I recently chatted with a real metal guy, the owner of I guess the biggest pewter company who said my tin is worth $2/lb or quite a bit more at the scrapyard which I know is $6 or so. His blend which he said was pretty high SB and CU too, I forget what he said thou except it was $20/lb if I want it. I wonder what Banger thinks.

RogerDat
11-21-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm thinking Banger believes you should take all those claims with a grain of salt, and get it gunned so you really know what you are dealing with. Me I have to wonder why anyone thinks I would spend $20 a pound for pewter that I can buy in S&S for less than $10 per pound. Or scrounge for at an even better price than that.