PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Powder Model 1500

rvenneman
11-09-2016, 06:05 PM
I just used the RCBS 1500 dispenser for the 1st time last night. It was slow but it was only dispensing 4.1 gr of W231.

I did fifty loads and 2 or 3 times the 1500 sounded like it sped up, the round dispenser tube moved faster, I got the beep but it measured out 5.8 gr.

Is something wrong with it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

r1kk1
11-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Did you calibrate it as instructed?
Is the dispenser level?
Did you wipe using a static free dryer sheet in and out of the powder hopper?
Did you let it warm up 30 minutes before using it?
Is there a fan on or air conditioning or heater on?
Is there fluorescent lights in the same room?

if any of the above does not work call RCBS.

r1kk1

rvenneman
11-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Yes to the fan and AC, and no to the dryer sheets.

Sent from my iPad from Yuma AZ using Tapatalk

jmorris
11-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Yes to the fan and AC, and no to the dryer sheets.

Air currents can mess with any scale.

lightman
11-09-2016, 09:07 PM
I use mine for larger charges of extruded rifle powder. I've never used it for a flake or ball powder in a charge that light, prefering the speed of a powder measure. But it don't sound right. I loaded 40 rounds of 30-06 Saturday afternoon with 55 grains of IMR4350. All 40 were spot on with no over throws. Sometimes it will over throw a few 10th because of clumps falling out of the tube, but it also tells you when this happens. Its a nice tool and I hope you get it straightened out to suit you.

TCoggins
11-09-2016, 10:56 PM
I have had one for about 6 years, and it works flawlessly. I bought one for my dad this summer, and we were having some issues. When dispensing pistol loads, about 5 grains, it would run too quickly and often times overcharge. Called RCBS, and they replaced it. However, the replacement acted the same way. I called them back, with the measure in front of me, and asked if there were some of the parameters that needed to be tweaked. The tech talked me through changing one of the parameters, and it is running as it should be.

give RCBS a call, and ask to speak to a tech. They are great to work with.

rvenneman
11-09-2016, 11:34 PM
I have had one for about 6 years, and it works flawlessly. I bought one for my dad this summer, and we were having some issues. When dispensing pistol loads, about 5 grains, it would run too quickly and often times overcharge. Called RCBS, and they replaced it. However, the replacement acted the same way. I called them back, with the measure in front of me, and asked if there were some of the parameters that needed to be tweaked. The tech talked me through changing one of the parameters, and it is running as it should be.

give RCBS a call, and ask to speak to a tech. They are great to work with.

Thanks... I emailed them and the tech wants the serial number.

Sent from my iPad from Yuma AZ using Tapatalk