PDA

View Full Version : A thought

Preacher Jim
11-08-2016, 01:49 PM
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

one of my prayer group sent this and and as we have all prayed hard for Gods will i thought i would post this as why we have prayed so hard for the Lord to heal our Land.
Br. Jim

Boaz
11-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Agreed Jim , been my thought all along .

square butte
11-08-2016, 04:42 PM
I agree with it for the most part - But I believe there is an exception. A nation can survive if it God's Will. As you have mentioned - we all pray for that. I heard Pence say in an interview one day not to long ago , that the safest place in the world is in the Center of God's Will. What I would give for a man like that as President.

Preacher Jim
11-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Pence is a man of faith
This read was from history not God's word history repeats itself

USMC87
11-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Amen Jim!

Blackwater
11-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Amen. I've taken a tip from the muslims and have been praying about five times a day that God will give us a good leader, and one who'll listen to Him, and do His will for the nation. We all know one of the candidates will do just the opposite. And after all that praying, I'm still apprehensive at hearing the results. In a matter of this importance, I guess I've kind'a got "feet'a clay," and my faith falters. I know he CAN heal our nation, even when we can't. I'm just not wise enough to know what his will IS at this point.

My greatest sin has always been loving THIS world a little TOO much, but I can't help it. I've been awestruck all my life by the beauty and wonder in it, at least when I get away from people, and off to myself in the woods or on the waters. And I know it's my weakness, I just can't seem to get past it. I'm doing better, but I think I still have a good ways to go in that. I know He's promised us that the next realm will be so much MORE wonderfilled than anything we can know here. I guess I'm just too dull and too set in my ways and values to be able to sough them off very quickly?

And I really DO want the young who are coming up, who are demonstrating such a great faith and trust in Him, to get their chance to correct what we in my generation have handed them to deal with. My generation was long known as the "Me generation," and there's an awful lot of truth in that. It can be seen in many posts in even this section sometimes, but often in other sections. It fairly blares out at you in some posts in other sections. The cynicism, pessimism and haughtiness that seems to pervade our land seems so clear when we see it in print. But then, it's good when we can recognize our errors, weaknesses and shortcomings, and we all have them. It seems like when I work on one, another comes to prominence to take its place. I've learned to have a bit of a sense of humor about it, and I seem to do better when I don't expect myself to be quite "perfect" just yet. Ain't it funny how that works?

Maybe if we quit expecting our elected reps to be "perfect" and just accepted them as we are - flawed, and trying to find our way - maybe then we'd quit demanding more and more new laws and regulations, and we wouldn't be so stifled and constrained and afraid of "the law?" It'd be nice to try something along those lines for a change, instead of demanding "somebody ought'a make a law" so often." I wonder how it'd work, anyway.

The funny thing is, the more I've learned and come to understand, the more I realize there is left that I still don't. I've taken to just laughing at myself, and my failures and shortcomings, and it seems in taking myself less seriously, and principles moreso, I think I'm improving, even if it is kind'a slow. Lots of things work "funny" in our world, don't they?

NC_JEFF
11-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Then let God's church move within the walls.

GhostHawk
11-09-2016, 09:45 AM
I believe that Trump is God's anointed leader for this country at this time.

That being said I fear many still need to repent, and we need to see a nation wide returning to the Lord to avoid his wrath.

Blackwater
11-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Amen, Ghost. That is now my biggest concern. Will we, CAN we return to righteousness after being so cynical, haughty and pessimistic for so long, or are we so addicted to that attitude that we can no longer control ourselves, and see the Truth when it's right there in front of us? I pray we can and will. Herman Caine said this morning that the reason Trump won is simply because "we the people" aren't stupid. I tend to agree with that. We've been lacadaisical about our politics for far too long, and this has fed our cynicism, pessimism, etc. Now, we have the best chance we'll ever have to find and wear a new attitude, one of hope, faith and nose-to-the-grindstone determination. Trump has it. Will we follow suit? God help us if we don't!

Preacher Jim
11-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Ghost you are preaching the same message i am the Lord gave us an opportunity to return to him. the work starts now for the churches to return to preaching the gospel. Return to the Bible and clean the sin out of their houses. If God called it sin the church should work to bring siiners in to the family of God not change to accept sin.

Boaz
11-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Agreed .

GhostHawk
11-09-2016, 10:47 PM
Brothers I do believe we are hearing the same message from the same source.

Now is the time to tell the story, to call for people to repent. To work for a revival of faith.
Going to be a long uphill battle.

Stay strong brothers!

buckwheatpaul
11-10-2016, 06:37 AM
Jim, You are spot on....kind of like the nose of the camel under the tent issue....or the boiling frog idea....they chip at us a little bit at a time.....my faith is in the Holy Trinity!

Preacher Jim
11-10-2016, 08:49 AM
To quote, never give up, never give up. keep praying and witnessing we win by winning souls to Jesus.

GhostHawk
11-10-2016, 09:17 AM
I remember several times reading the bible, old testament wondering just why the Jewish people seemed to go out of their way to anger their God.

And then I look back at our history over the last 50 years and go, ohhh man, He has got to be steaming mad with us.

Yet he has given us a chance for redemption.
But we have to earn it.

We need to get out there and TALK about him. We need to be good examples of people living in the faith. We need to turn the other cheek. We need to love. And we need to bring people back to God. We need to call for people to repent. We need to be the voice crying in the wilderness.

And if we do not do this, then his wrath will fall upon this country. It will be us who failed.

Blackwater
11-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Jim, many will tend to doubt what you posted, but it's truly true. They just don't realize how God usually works. Most often, He seems to require that WE do a lot so that He will have something righteous and obedient TO bless. I discovered that pattern long ago now. But we have to LISTEN to Him, and not turn away from Him, like so many have in so many instances for so long. And He expects a lot more from us than that we merely sit and complain that things aren't like we want them to be. Only when we DO things that are pleasing to him, even if not always perfect, can He have something to work with to save us from ourselves. That seems righteous and reasonable to me!

And Ghost, I think you and many others here and elsewhere have a good bead on what's happened and why, and what we need to do now. And there'll be many challenges that lie ahead of us and Trump, surely! God give us the strength and determination to address them righteously, and effectively. Let us DO what God wants, that He might have something TO bless, and thus, that our nation may be healed and restored.

The economy and trade will likely be some of the most thorn-riddled issues he and we will face. If we do our part, God always does His, though. How can we lose when we go with God?

chicobob
11-11-2016, 10:04 PM
1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord himself will come from heaven with a rousing cry, with a call from one of the ruling angels, and with God's shofar (trump), ..."
Maybe this is the Trump God is going to use to usher in the end times. Surely God has a sense of humor. 1 Thessalonians 5:9 "For God has not intended that we should experience his fury, but that we should gain deliverance through our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, ... just as you are doing." God bless. I really enjoy this site.

Boaz
11-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the forum .