PDA

View Full Version : Weaver K6

roysha
11-02-2016, 02:37 AM
Do all the variations of the older (50s, 60s and 70s) K6 scopes have the same external dimensions?

Texas by God
11-06-2016, 12:27 AM
I've only seen K6s from the 60's & 70s. The ocular & objective may be 32&40 on both and both are 1"of course but there are length & weight differences
. The 70s models have that machined look that I prefer. Best, Thomas

castaroo
11-06-2016, 04:28 AM
what does the number 1 mean after the 6, and how do know what power scope you have ,mine says ,Weaver k6 -1 USA , looks good on my 222 savage

Texas by God
11-06-2016, 09:39 AM
I think it denotes a variation. I had a K4-F that had plastic lens retaining rings. Rightly or wrongly I called those featherweights. Best, Thomas.

wildwilly
12-04-2016, 02:37 AM
Not directly related to your inquiry, but the early Weaver K series scopes with internal adjustments, the crosshair reticle did not maintain center visually when an adjustment was made. I have an early K-10 that doesn't have a constant centered reticle. It's still trick on my Savage 340/22 Hornet, though.

telebasher
12-04-2016, 04:15 PM
There were also round ocular lens and wide view ocular lens. I have one of each, both 6 power.

Scharfschuetze
12-09-2016, 03:53 PM
External dimensions on mine are:

Ocular: 1.6" Tube: 1" Objective: 1.31"

My K-6 just has:

Weaver
K6
Pattent Date

It's reticle is the non centering type also. Sadly, one of the lenses is starting separate so it doesn't have a perfectly round field of view. Still, it works well on a circa 1968 788 in 30/30. I'll probably replace it on the rifle soon with a Weaver T6 scope and then send it to a dedicated Weaver scope smith for a rebuild.

W.R.Buchanan
12-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Scharf: I'd send that scope to K&L Scope Repair. He'll turn it around in less than 2 weeks for around $150. He did a K2.5 for me and it came back perfect a week later. It's going on my 1958 Marlin .30-30 someday when I get around to it.

The guy in Tulsa OK will take a year or so and charge more. I called him after he had an article in AR and couldn't believe that he was actually quoting a two year lead time and then in the next breath, after I suggested hiring more people, telling me that he only hires retired people who will literally do piece work for $5 an hour, and how he can't keep help? ,,, Thus the long lead times.

I refuse to do business with someone like that as his business practice is idiotic. You can only expect people to work for free for a short while, that's called "helping out." Also if you aren't willing to pay people, you can't expect anything but Shat Work. I didn't want Shat Work on my nice vintage scope. The guy is an idiot!

Randy

kmrra
12-11-2016, 04:51 PM
I have had a K6 on my Ruger No1 since 1978 andhave never had to sight it in again it on a 223 my go to varmint gun

Scharfschuetze
12-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the tip W.R. I shall follow it to the letter when sending the scope in. In fact, I'm loading ammo for that 30/30 today so I'll probably take the K6 off of it this afternoon and put the T6 on it.

EDG
12-17-2016, 05:00 PM
Thanks for your post. Several years ago I was quoted 14 month lead time to clean the internal lens surfaces by that guy. If he is so inefficient and expensive I would not trust him to get my scope back to me, much less for it to be done well.

Scharf: I'd send that scope to K&L Scope Repair. He'll turn it around in less than 2 weeks for around $150. He did a K2.5 for me and it came back perfect a week later. It's going on my 1958 Marlin .30-30 someday when I get around to it.

The guy in Tulsa OK will take a year or so and charge more. I called him after he had an article in AR and couldn't believe that he was actually quoting a two year lead time and then in the next breath, after I suggested hiring more people, telling me that he only hires retired people who will literally do piece work for $5 an hour, and how he can't keep help? ,,, Thus the long lead times.

I refuse to do business with someone like that as his business practice is idiotic. You can only expect people to work for free for a short while, that's called "helping out." Also if you aren't willing to pay people, you can't expect anything but Shat Work. I didn't want Shat Work on my nice vintage scope. The guy is an idiot!

Randy

flounderman
12-17-2016, 07:27 PM
I have some K4s that don't need anything done to them I was trying to sell for 50.00. The one with the dot is kind of rare. It is non centered, I believe. Blue shows wear. I never had any K scopes separate. I have some v8s that have the problem. I bought a little bit of I think it was spruce gum, could be wrong, but couldn't get the lens apart to glue it. The v8, with the adjustments in the mount, seem to have the lens separation problem in some of them.