PDA

View Full Version : NOE HiTech mold's

Tenbender
10-31-2016, 10:15 PM
Anyone tried a NOE HiTech mold yet ? I'm thinking of buying a 9mm and you know what comes next. Mold, Sizer , Dies. lol It never ends.
Another question. What about bevel base boolits ? Good, bad or other ?

Rich22
10-31-2016, 10:41 PM
I have a 9mm NLG, excellent quality.

Wayne Smith
11-01-2016, 08:55 AM
If you are lubing with a Lyman or RCBS lube sizer avoid bevel base boolits. Lube gets caught in the bevel and makes a mess.

rancher1913
11-01-2016, 09:21 AM
I like the bevel base because I powder coat doing the shake and bake method and it stops the flash problem on the bottom of the boolit.

AbitNutz
11-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Aren't NLG bullets to be used with powder coating or "Hi-Tek" coated bullets? If so, they wouldn't need to be run through a lubrisizer. I'm now a true believer in "Hi-Tek". My lubrisizers will be dormant for the foreseeable future.

rintinglen
11-05-2016, 01:28 PM
A boolit needs to fit the gun and cartridge. You may not be lubing, but you will almost certainly have occasion to size.

Dragonheart
11-18-2016, 08:32 PM
I like the bevel base because after powder coating they will run through my bullet feeder with few problems.

AbitNutz
11-21-2016, 02:55 AM
I like the bevel base because after powder coating they will run through my bullet feeder with few problems.

Can I have an amen to that? Amen!

AbitNutz
11-21-2016, 03:08 AM
A boolit needs to fit the gun and cartridge. You may not be lubing, but you will almost certainly have occasion to size.

That's true but in this case there's no need to avoid using BB bullets because of lube squeezing out at the bullet base...because you are not lubing...yes?

I prefer push through bullet sizing like Lee and NOE have. Some folks are having trouble with Lee quality with these dies. Maybe I've just lucked out but all mine are good. I have three Lee dies in my Pacific Super Mag and all 3 size exactly to .4515.

I have the Pacific Super Mag press mounted upside down. This is a weird press that has 3-rams. It also has the linkage attached at the top like a Redding Ultra Mag so it has terric leverage. Another weird aspect of this press is that you can flip the toggle and reverse the direction the handle moves. So even though I have the press mounted upside down, I still push DOWN on the handle to operate it...I know, it's hard to envision but that's how it works.