PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
10-30-2016, 06:57 AM
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.—James 1:12 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=6637f835b8&e=3dd732485b)It's been said, "Christians are a lot like teabags. You don't know what they are made of until you put them in hot water."

Have you ever been in the "hot water" of temptation or trial? Maybe you are in hot water right now.

Do not despair! You are not alone! It actually is a confirmation that you as a Christian are on the right track!

"Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you . . . Be happy when you are insulted for being a Christian, for then the glorious Spirit of God rests upon you" (1 Peter 4:12 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://2), 14 NLT).

Know this: hardship, calamity, tragedy, the loss of a loved one will come one day. And trials, temptations, and testings will come too! So take steps now to be prepared then. Phillips Brooks said, "Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones."

There are going to come times in your life where your faith will be tested. Times when people will challenge what you believe. Temptations that will be very strong to do the wrong thing.

You might ask, "Will I be able to stand strong spiritually when this happens?

That's entirely up to you. The stand you make today will determine what kind of stand you will make tomorrow. The evening of your life is determined by the morning of it. The end by the beginning

Boaz
10-30-2016, 08:13 AM
Very good lesson !

USMC87
10-30-2016, 08:26 AM
Thanks so much for this much needed scripture and lesson!

Pine Baron
10-30-2016, 08:47 AM
Thank you rl69. Sometimes exercising patience is the test.

square butte
10-30-2016, 08:51 AM
Thank you for the lesson. Tests are not comfortable - But sometimes when I am in the middle of one, I think I should be praying to receive every last bit of benefit that God has put me in the test for. Boy is that something that has only come with a bit of age.

Boaz
10-30-2016, 08:53 AM
Amen on the age part square butte !

Preacher Jim
10-30-2016, 09:07 AM
If I pickup tooth paste and squeezed the tube i would expect tooth paste not preparation H.
Same with the Christian Jesus said not what goes in the mouth but what comes out.
when you are pressed, what is the first thing you say?

square butte
10-30-2016, 02:08 PM
Depends on who is doing the pressing ( smiles )