PDA

View Full Version : Barrel threading

mcdaniel.mac
10-30-2016, 06:39 AM
I have two oddball projects that need threading. The Marlin 336 is nothing too strange, but I also want to have my Vulcan 440 threaded, and I can't find an actual gunsmith that will do both. Rnager Point Precision in Texas was recommended for the Marlin, and the thought of a solid refinish is tempting, but I'd like to avoid shipping a rifle if possible. I live in an apartment, and having it shipped back would be a pain.

Are there any real gunsmiths near the St. Louis area that can thread a leverblat ion rifle, and possibly thread a unicorn rifle as well? Bonus points if they'll consider installing a surplus bayonet mount...

mcdaniel.mac
10-30-2016, 07:01 AM
For clarification, I've already called a couple local guys, C&S Metalwerks doesn't want to do it, and I'm running out of options.

rintinglen
10-30-2016, 12:38 PM
IIRC, there is a fellow who goes by the handle of Goodsteel who used to be a member here who is a great gunsmith who lives in Missouri. Look him up on the internet and he can likely help you. His first name is Tim, and he is very knowledgeable.

Bzcraig
10-30-2016, 06:53 PM
IIRC, there is a fellow who goes by the handle of Goodsteel who used to be a member here who is a great gunsmith who lives in Missouri. Look him up on the internet and he can likely help you. His first name is Tim, and he is very knowledgeable.

Yes indeed! you can find him here http://www.goodsteelforum.com

1_Ogre
11-01-2016, 05:27 AM
You can also check with Rob g, he's a member here and even has his FFL and some good tools and he can thread barrels

seaboltm
11-01-2016, 10:01 AM
+1 on Goodsteel. Tim is very good, very meticulous.

mcdaniel.mac
11-02-2016, 04:58 AM
Thanks, I messaged Tim at Goodsteelforum to see if he's willing to take the work.

Ballistics in Scotland
11-02-2016, 07:17 AM
Thanks, I messaged Tim at Goodsteelforum to see if he's willing to take the work.

Yes, he has a very good reputation. He is listed as banned from the board, but I am sure that has nothing to with his work or business practices, or how easy he is to get along with.